My friend and I jam out frequently and we both used Ernie Ball strings but the thing is that his rust way faster than mine and they are both kept in the same area over night n stuff. By the way, I play a Gibson Explorer and he plays a Jackson Kelly (the good model). Is it the guitar possibly? What do you guys think it could be...

P.S. His fingers are clean when he plays :0
just because his fingers are clean when he plays doesnt mean that when he plays he sweats.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
yeah, mine used to do that (i had EBs too), but then i went from the 8s to some D' Addario 10s, and i wipe off my strings and fret board everytime i get done playing, now my strings have lasted me two weeks!!! My EBs used to go out in like 3-4 days. I try to wash my hands before i play, but i'm just lazy.

Here's one of my old threads...What's Up With My Strings?!?!
O O

___
ah yah, i guess sweatly fingers would do the trick....that sux

i guess he has to spend more money on strings.
Quote by TheBax
yeah, mine used to do that (i had EBs too), but then i went from the 8s to some D' Addario 10s, and i wipe off my strings and fret board everytime i get done playing, now my strings have lasted me two weeks!!! My EBs used to go out in like 3-4 days. I try to wash my hands before i play, but i'm just lazy.

Here's one of my old threads...What's Up With My Strings?!?!

3-4 days? You must be playing underwater... I've had these EBs on my guitar for over a month and I play every day but they still feel brand new.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
It's not so much just sweaty fingers either though. The acidity of sweat can very greatly from person to person. I've been lucky, my sweat isn't very acidic and depending on the strings, they can last for a couple weeks, to a few months. I don't always wash my hands before playing, but I know someone that's almost religious in the way he always washes his hands before playing, but his strings corrode within days (unless the strings are coated... I don't let him use my guitar...).

They're a little more expensive, but he should try coated strings, like maybe DR strings.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
It's the guitar, IMO Jackson necks>Explorer necks, since they are way thiner which makes it easier to play.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by SpellCaster
It's the guitar, IMO Jackson necks>Explorer necks, since they are way thiner which makes it easier to play.

LOLWUT?

Did you even read the post?

Guitars don't make strings rust.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
LOLWUT?

Did you even read the post?

Guitars don't make strings rust.

+1 the guitar has nothing to do with it, unless the fretboard has something pro-rust on it.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Its your skin chemistry. Just try some other strings or use some of the fast fret etc after playing to see if it makes a difference.
Maybe if you threw it in a pool.

Unless the wood was sopping wet, and the strings sitting on the wood, a guitar will not rust your strings.
Last edited by Hakael at Apr 24, 2008,
He probably just sweats more...i'm sure it's not the guitar.
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

Alright then, what are some good coated strings brands so i can tell him....??
Elixirs are expensive but they are worth it
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by profmcnasty
Alright then, what are some good coated strings brands so i can tell him....??

There's a string care kit that put a thin protection layer on the string against rust. I just don't remember the name.
Elixers are supposed to be good, although they're rather expensive. I've got a set, just haven't tried them yet (going through some rather inexpensive strings before I use them).

DR Strings have coated strings in various colors. Those I have used and although they're a bit more expensive than say D'addario strings, they're less expensive than the Elixers. I happen to really like the feel of them. Didn't feel sticky, nor did they feel slippery. They did last a very long while and the tone didn't seem to be affected by the coating much if at all.