Hey guys hows it going? What size of fretwire do you prefer? I got a guitar with extra jumbo frets and i found it wasnt for me..better for vibrato but legato and stuff is more difficult. Actually i would like to file down my medium frets and get very little height. Anyone played a guitar with 'thin/ small' fretwire?
I cant stand small fretwire, it annoys me when my fingers rub on my fretboard even a little, and i have extra jumbo frets.
Quote by Wylde_Man
I cant stand small fretwire, it annoys me when my fingers rub on my fretboard even a little, and i have extra jumbo frets.

I take it you don't do any bends then.

It doesn't really matter to me all that much.
Quote by Zofar
I take it you don't do any bends then.

It doesn't really matter to me all that much.

why would you say that?
The bigger the better especially for bending,Small fret wire yuck.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I'm torn in my preference.

One of my main guitars for the past 9 years has never been re-fretted and the frets have obviously worn quite a bit, but have worn pretty evenly. So, I don't totally mind a wide and shallow fret.

However, the custom I'm planning to build is going to get Dunlop 6105 frets which are narrow and about as tall as jumbos. More precise intonation, greater articulation, and smoother bending.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
I'm torn in my preference.

One of my main guitars for the past 9 years has never been re-fretted and the frets have obviously worn quite a bit, but have worn pretty evenly. So, I don't totally mind a wide and shallow fret.

However, the custom I'm planning to build is going to get Dunlop 6105 frets which are narrow and about as tall as jumbos. More precise intonation, greater articulation, and smoother bending.

really? with the extra jumbos i have on a guitar the intonation seems worse, and also the process of pulling the string down more to make a fret means the pitch is fluctuating.
I like jumbo frets, more specifically, 6105 fretwire. Stainless steel.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by /winalot
...the process of pulling the string down more to make a fret means the pitch is fluctuating.
IMHO, you're either fretting the note out of tune, or your action is high to the point where the slight bend caused by fretting is pulling the string out of tune.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
extra jumbo for me

although i really dont mind smaller fret wire. my agile ahs medium isze frets and its fine..
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Medium jumbo seems to be the standard. Its what I use on all my guitars in stainless.
Not to go too off-topic, but is stainless really that much more gooderer?

I've heard amazing things (Uber slick and slim-to-no wear), but does it really live up to the hype?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头