no they are very nice for the price. If you want the best mexican strat then get a deluxe players strat. They are awesome!!
ive heard that they are great and that the only downside to them is their pickups, which is an easy fix. but i have yet to play one for myself.
I have the MIM Standard, I love it. I think they can be a bit hit-and-miss, but I adore mine personally.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Mine seems fine.

My instructor also loves it. To quote him "Aw man! Sweet git!"

Also the repair guy that adjusted my truss rod and action loved it. He said it was a VERY nice MIM Strat. One of the best hes ever seen...

$430 out the door...
Sorry, something worth bragging about mentioning, the price seems to have went up recently. I got my MIM Standard with 60th Anniversary inlay for £280, I believe MIM Standards from '08 are something like £350.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)