First and Foremost - thanks to all the UG'rs who helped me make my decisions.

I didn't want to just post another 'What Amp?' thread because we have enough of those already so I decided to use the Search box in top right, use my reading skills, use other web sites like google, youtube and GC, and of course - most importantly, try before I buy. GC gives you 21 days too so verdict is not completely out. I just got it but I love it aleady because I can get some nice tube clipping (purrrr) at low volume. The Fender Blues Jr was my 2nd choice in the $300 - $500 range. Maybe someday I can get a kick a$$ amp like some of you have.

1.) Before: taken from cell phone

2.) After: First thing you should notice is my new Peavey Valveking 112 tube combo. My Fender solid state has now just become a $400 amp stand. The second thing which is not as noticable on pic is my Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in my HSS Strat. I'll get a better pic of that on here later. The third thing is that i resurrected my old no name hollow body with new wiring and set up. plays like a dream and i'm so glad i didn't get rid of it.

Also, I got the new amp and HB at Guitar Center and had really good experience but I'll save that for another thread.

Enjoy and critique-

;
Attachments:
07 Before.jpg
My Strat 08.JPG
nice. lol at the guitars in the fireplace !
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Quote by appetite4gnr
nice. lol at the guitars in the fireplace !

Ha! i was hoping someone would ask about that. the fireplace works but has never been used and is in the basement. i just put them in there to keep kids out and to basically keep all of my guitars around me in my little corner of the basement. the acoustic you see is my first that dad gave me when i was 10. behind that is his Yamaha acoustic that he gave me recently, and then i have a Jaguar knock off.

tnx guys
Nice amp. Great pickup. I have a JB Junior in my main strat, along with a Silver and Blue Lace sensor. The inner coil of the JBJr is wired to the middle tone pot that now acts as a volume fader for that coil. Instead of just on or off/single or humbucker, I can dial in various tones in between and get some very P90-ish tones as well. Makes it very versatile.

Strats are the best guitars to mod, and the most fun to play for me.

Congrats...
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
The inner coil of the JBJr is wired to the middle tone pot that now acts as a volume fader for that coil. Instead of just on or off/single or humbucker, I can dial in various tones in between and get some very P90-ish tones as well. Makes it very versatile.

Strats are the best guitars to mod, and the most fun to play for me.

Congrats...

ah ha - that explains it. it (selector switch) definitely doesn't act like it did before. i was going to Search and or start another thread on that topic because i thought i had screwed something up. does your selector almost act like a kill switch too? maybe i have screwed something up, i just haven't had time yet to dial into the problem because i've been spending time with my new amp and getting to know her...i'll have to circle back on this.

thanks dgonz for making mention of this...huge props to you

and yes i like the all black look with the white trim, it matches all of my other gear and i think it looks shizzle shexy
;
Actually, it's not quite a kills switch. When it's in the bridge position, it's always on. The middle knob only controls the volume of the inner coil. All the way off, it's only single coil. Dialing up raises the volume of the other coil up until the full humbucker sound comes into play.

Sounds like you might have mis-wired something. I've done that more than a few times, so I just take mine in to a certain guy that does all my custom work now. I don't want to depend on my hack wiring and horrible soldering abilty anymore
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Isn't the JB a little trebbley? Arn't strats a little trebbely to begin with?

Great upgrades, overall. Real smart moves in the right directions.

SpineEdit: I would really really really consider wiring your lower tone control to your bridge pickup, unless you want to spend hours bent over your amp like a $10 *****, cutting your amp's trebble.
Yes, the JB is kinda treble-y. But it's not overly treble-y and should sound killer
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Yes, the JB is kinda treble-y. But it's not overly treble-y and should sound killer

My concern isn't the JB as much as the combination of the JB + an alder bodied bolt-neck guietar + the bridge position. But that's just in my head, I've never played a Strat with a JB in the bridge.
Oh wow, I didnt think about that. Usually you find the JB in a Mahogany guitar in my experience, and its kinda bright then. Oh well, maybe it'll sound good
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
good points!

compared to what i had before (stock MIM bucker) it is a definite improvement. I looked at the SH5, SH6, Custom SH11, 14s, new SH15 Alt 8 and even some Dimarzio's like Evo. I guess I just felt that the output of some of those would be way too much. Plus the SH4 is what 311 uses and obviously Jeff Beck. I play a lot of clean stuff like a John Mayor sound or a Frooosh sound - so that is why I picked it.

Now you got me wondering tho as my amp's treble is currently set at 3 to get what I want. HA! Well SD does have a 21 day return deal and it looks like I'm going to have to get back in there anyway so i'll keep thinking about it...I just can't imagine not having my guitar while I wait tho.
;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
good points!

compared to what i had before (stock MIM bucker) it is a definite improvement. I looked at the SH5, SH6, Custom SH11, 14s, new SH15 Alt 8 and even some Dimarzio's like Evo. I guess I just felt that the output of some of those would be way too much. Plus the SH4 is what 311 uses and obviously Jeff Beck. I play a lot of clean stuff like a John Mayor sound or a Frooosh sound - so that is why I picked it.

Now you got me wondering tho as my amp's treble is currently set at 3 to get what I want. HA! Well SD does have a 21 day return deal and it looks like I'm going to have to get back in there anyway so i'll keep thinking about it...I just can't imagine not having my guitar while I wait tho.
;

Sorry to rain on your festival...

You can play without a bridge bucker. Just play some yummy neck-position blues for a week or two!
^no rain...it's all good.

i like to play metal and classic rock too i just could never really do that before with crap HB. I love my single coils and was reading about how too powerfull of an HB could cause unwanted hum in SCs if not paired correctly. Good point tho and well taken.

I'll keep thinking about it and playing with it. So far, i am in love with my new giddy up.

What would have gone with, Custom SH5?

tnx

;