I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now (electric for 2) and I have a very frustrating problem during solos

Lately i've started playing many solos during band practice and I've just realized..every time I get to higher notes (I mean notes below the 12th fret) I just can't move my left hand easily..it's like something gets stuck and i just cant´play as fast as I would want to..this problem is usually only while standing up

...so I'm trying to correct this and i'd appreciate some ideas on what it could be that I'm doing wrong (unfortunately, I can't post a video) I'll get my strap and adjust the height yet again..but I'd like it if someone who's had a similar problem (or has seen it) could tell me what it could be that i'm doing wrong
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Well I have two possible solutions... try manouvering your hand/putting it in a different position when you reach the higher frets. I notice that bending my wrist backwards often helps me get my fingers on the higher frets on the higher strings. The other solution is just doing what you're doing now... but trying it for a couple of weeks to see if you get used to it. A good way of finding the best suited height is to sit down, rest the guitar on your knee, play until you know it's comfortable and then adjust the strap to that height. It worked for me at least. This probably didn't but nonetheless I hope my advice helped a bit.
take a look at your posture and hand position.

generally when doing chords on the first few frets, your wrist is straight. However as you climb the neck some people bend the wrists to reach a little better.

but if you bend your wrists (at all) you're gonna run into speed problems and possibly joint problems down the road.

if you're doing solos past 12th fret, try keep your wrist as straight as possible.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't have a camera

and my thumb is like gripping the neck, but most of it is behind the neck.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I've been thinking about this lately too, I've found that the higher up on the neck my fretting hand is, the more my thumb must leave the back of the neck (and hang over, not too much though even when at the 19th fret+) to straighten out my wrist. It just sucks though because directly behind the 16th or 17th fret of my guitar, where the neck is connected to the body of the guitar is a huge square block, so if I want to get up to the 19th position my thumb has to practically fully extend out to the side, stuck on that damn block.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out