so now im beggining to save up for a new guitar to replace my schecter omen 6.
i play metal almost exclusively, i never really use cleans.
i play through a peavey 5150 212 combo.
and ive found a few guitars that im interested in:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser-ive played it a few times and its complete beast, action was just perfect and the EMG 81TW and 89 set worked great. $700

ESP LTD EX-400: Im looking for a dealer to try it out at. i really like explorer shaped guitars. Comes with EMG 81 and 60 set. $600

ESP LTD EC-1000: Pretty much my ideal guitar. I would like to get it in vintage black. It looks amazing with a flat black body finish, gold binding and gold hardware. ALso comes with EMG 81 and 60. $880

now if i could have any it would probably be the EC-1000
but is it worth the extra money?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I say it's worth it. You're getting high grade quality, woods and hardware.

They're really great guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
In one word, Yes.

Untill you have played guitars in that type of quality you don't really know what you are missing, unfortunately when you own this type of guitar, other "good" guitars don't feel quite as good anymore.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Another yes from me. EC-1000 are amazing guitars. You could get a used one form your local craigslist and save a couple of hundred probably.
yes the high quilaty guitars are worth it. but have you tried the dime signature? you might like it because it has quick action, hot pickups, 24 frets, and a really cool shape. but also try other non-emg equipped guitars, seymour duncan JB/'59 combo is a really good combo that i prefer because they're really good in either a shred guitar or a rhythm guitar.
i've been looking on craigslist and have yet to find any esps to get excited about.
either that or the drive is too long.
but yeah when i saw the vintage black EC-1000 i knew i had to have it.
now i just have to find a good dealer that has one to try it out and make sure i like it.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
I have an EC-1000. But mine is the sunburst w/ duncans. I love it. Its light wieght for being a "paul" type of guitar and plays amazing. Naturally it will sound abit different w/ emg's but still think its worth it.
yeah ive heard they are a lot lighter too, which im very thankful for.
hows the sustain?
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Sustain on mine is amazing,,, sometimes too long.

Would love to hear mine with a couple of SD pickups rather than the EMG's, just to hear the difference in tone.
Quote by darkstar2466

There is an ESP EC-1000 with Seymour Duncans. That's the one I am planning to buy, I have SDs in all my guitars.

Quote by Perturabo
Sustain on mine is amazing,,, sometimes too long.

Would love to hear mine with a couple of SD pickups rather than the EMG's, just to hear the difference in tone.
im probably going to go for the EMG's
i really like the sound of them on the hellraiser.
one more question.
should i keep my first guitar as a backup or sell it?
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by Perturabo
In one word, Yes.

Untill you have played guitars in that type of quality you don't really know what you are missing, unfortunately when you own this type of guitar, other "good" guitars don't feel quite as good anymore.

Yes. Then you play an ESP Standard series such as the Eclipse II, and you're just like "damn."

... and then you play the real deal, a custom shop Eclipse with a mahogany body, set-thru neck, EMG 81/81 set, OFR, and painted the most beautiful shade of purple I've ever seen on a guitar. I wanted to just stay in that GC for the rest of eternity...

Oh, uh, yeah. Buy the EC-1000. It's great.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Backups are good.
Quote by darkstar2466

Quote by mafropetee
Yes. Then you play an ESP Standard series such as the Eclipse II, and you're just like "damn."

... and then you play the real deal, a custom shop Eclipse with a mahogany body, set-thru neck, EMG 81/81 set, OFR, and painted the most beautiful shade of purple I've ever seen on a guitar. I wanted to just stay in that GC for the rest of eternity...

Woah, calm down buddy! Don't blow a load or anything lol

But TC, the EC-1000 is great spec-wise. I actually looked at that to be my next guitar for awhile, but the lack of a floyd and all that binding kind of drove me off. Nothing wrong with it though, seems to be very solid. Go for it man!
Quote by mafropetee

haha yeahh
i definitely cant afford the standard eclipse though
the EC-1000 is stretching it
but once i get it, ill have a great metal set up.
probably just get an eq pedal and a decimator and ill be set for a while.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
haha yeahh
i definitely cant afford the standard eclipse though
the EC-1000 is stretching it
but once i get it, ill have a great metal set up.
probably just get an eq pedal and a decimator and ill be set for a while.

Good deal. That is a very nice setup btw. I would LOVE to have a 5150.
thank you
i got the 5150 for $500 which seems like a good deal since it had new tubes in it too.
it was a big step up from a line6 spider II haha.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
When I was deciding on a metal guitar I looked at the EC-1000 as well. I chose the Schecter due to the OFR, and I like double cut better.

But the EC-1000 is a very nice guitar.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
The Hellraiser is a great guitar, and I love the fact that they now have the coil-tapping feature for the EMGs.

If you like the Hellraiser, see if you can get your hands on a Blackjack ATX FR. Feel-wise, it's similar to the Hellraiser. The most significant difference is the SD Blackout Pickups. I mention it because it DOES have a different tone. They can't be tapped, however, so you lose the flexibility that the Hellraiser has.

I just mention it as an option. Good luck in finding your "one."
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Malarkatron
When I was deciding on a metal guitar I looked at the EC-1000 as well. I chose the Schecter due to the OFR, and I like double cut better.

But the EC-1000 is a very nice guitar.

Seeing as the other two he was looking at don't have locking trems, I would assume that he was looking at the non FR version of the Hellraiser. But that's only an assumption.
yeah, im not really looking for a trem system, as i change tunings a lot.
i've looked at the blackjack, and i might try it.
but if the EC plays as well as i heard, it will be my "one"
is the neck good for shredding?
i dont shred too much now, but im practicing my sweeps and such, so i need good action and a thin, but not too thin neck.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball