because some guy in Jamaica did a backflip. /thread
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Being brown, we have rice in this house pretty much every damn night, and there's always plenty left. And I'll be damned if we just throw it away. Reheat it all you want, I sure as hell haven't gotten sick from it.
It's not the rice. It's the growth of bacteria. If you get the rice into the fridge within an hour of cooking or so, and then reheat properly, it'll be fine. Just like anything else you reheat, from meat, to potatoes.

EDIT: The bacteria involved is probably somewthing along the lines of bacillus cereus.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Hannakins
I reheat leftover rice all the time, and I'm fi-HUUURRRKKKKK

HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Quote by Hannakins

Ur doin it wrong.
Quote by sickminded fool
HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

haha

But in all seriousness, it's about as harmful as reheating any other food. It depends on this:

Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you get the rice into the fridge within an hour of cooking or so, and then reheat properly, it'll be fine.

I seriously ate reheated rice about 1.687549872 seconds ago. It was good, but it was kinda dry.
I really don't get all this "OH NOES! NOT REHEATED RICE! NOT REHEATED CHCIKEN!"

Seriously, you won't get salmonella if you reheat chicken properly. Salmonella is probably the wussiest bacteria ever. 2 minutes at 50 degrees will kill a salmonella cell, for crying out loud, and you should always cook most things to at least 70 degrees anyway.

Smart food preparation goes a long way.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Ur doin it wrong.

Damn! I was just making something up, I didn't know there was a meme to it.

Well, hngh it is from here on.

Quote by goducks11
I seriously ate reheated rice about 1.687549872 seconds ago. It was good, but it was kinda dry.

put a wet paper towel on it before you microwave. or so iv been told, i have yet to try it myself
---------------
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960b straight cab
Epiphone les paul Zakk wylde custom
line 6 pod xt live
dunlop jimi hendrix wah
-----------------------------------------------------------------
i reheat rice all the time, it doesn't taste the same, but when you're hungry and you want like 3000 of something, tehres your answer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Hahah I wondered how long it would be untill HNNNNNGGGGGHHHH appeared =p
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
If this is true then I should be dead. Or severely ill... And I'm not and never have been through eating re-heated rice. Bacteria fails.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's not the rice. It's the growth of bacteria. If you get the rice into the fridge within an hour of cooking or so, and then reheat properly, it'll be fine. Just like anything else you reheat, from meat, to potatoes.

EDIT: The bacteria involved is probably somewthing along the lines of bacillus cereus.

LOL WUT? Finally someone who paid attention in biology. I applaud you for you're superior knowledge.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by frusciante.ve
so, as a general rule:

reheating once= ok
rehating more than once = not ok

right?

dude, you're latino, we eat rice everyday...how many times have you heard of someone getting sick for reheating rice?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Because it gives you AIDS.
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
Quote by radioarizona
Being brown, we have rice in this house pretty much every damn night, and there's always plenty left. And I'll be damned if we just throw it away. Reheat it all you want, I sure as hell haven't gotten sick from it.

Lmao
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Sprinkle on a bit of water, and then cover with cling film I find works best.

Yeah I eat reheated rice all the time. Follow the simple instructions in the quote.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

^thats pretty much my understanding of it. Also im pretty sure once you reheat it once thats it, you need to eat it. you cant save a reheated meal and reheat it a second time later on.
Quote by Hannakins

Oh man that made me lol as well
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
I reheat rice all the time. I dont think its bad.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Diamond Dave
^thats pretty much my understanding of it. Also im pretty sure once you reheat it once thats it, you need to eat it. you cant save a reheated meal and reheat it a second time later on.

Really? I do that regularly but never felt anything different than the first reheat...which is the rice being a little rubber-like.
Quote by Diamond Dave

lol i reheated rice 4 times once and i didnt get sick....i mean, it kind of smelled funky, but it was still fine after it was eaten with meat...
Quote by blues-guitarist
dude, you're latino, we eat rice everyday...how many times have you heard of someone getting sick for reheating rice?

, never, indeed. But maybe there's people around getting sick, just that they don't know rice was the cause.

this leads me to ask, what damage does that bacteria do to people?