I was gonna go today with some friends but stuffs happened and it was a no go
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I'm going on May 11. I would also like to here some opinions
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
children of bodom, megadeth, in flames, high on fire, job for a cowboy. i just wanna know if theres any cool things that the bands do.
I went In atlanta on sunday.

High on Fire was OK. Job for a Cowboy.... ew, they really sucked it up. Children of Bodom was F'n amazing. In Flames played an Amazing set. And Megadeth was... Megadeth, not bad, but I dont really like Megadeth anyway.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Good lineup.

Especially Children of Bodom, they're amazing live.

I don't really pay attention to the others, but they're good too.

I wanna go so bad.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Is it good? There is NO words to describe it. I went last Sunday, I can't tell you how it was, because if I do, I will be understating an understatement about it.

I can tell you this though, High on Fire sucked, JFAC was decent, Children of Bodom were great, In Flames was the amazing, and the best pre-Megadeth.

But as soon as the first song, Sleepwalker, started, Megadeth easily made In Flames look like a ****ty band, once again, there is just no way to I describe Megadeth except that I would rather go again than have sex with 10 of the hottest girls I know.

The new guitarist, Chris Broderick is easily the best guitarist technically Megadeth has had, he plays Marty's solos better than Marty could. At one point, he came out and did this insane guitar solo, I almost **** my pants. I am still anxious to hear his composing abilities in a new Megadeth album, since he is obviously the best techically, but I am not sure if he can write more badass solos than Marty or even Mustaine.

So so so so so so much more I could say, but I don't have time, I would die before I could describe it. It easily contained the 2 best hours of my life no question. Make sure you get in the front though, because I was right there.

The best songs they play are, Holy Wars, Tornado of Souls, In my Darkest Hour, Hangar 18, in that order, having said that, every Megadeth song was better than every In Flames or CoB song, which are all amazing. The live sound Megadeth had was just beyond anything.
Quote by Ozzmark
Megadeth is only one worth seeing if you go.

Pretty much. JFAC is now just some very very mediocre death metal, In Flames...eh, it's alright. CoB is boring and repetitive.
I actually went last night. I can honestly say with the exception of High on Fire and Job For a Cowboy (both of them suck), it was probably the best concert i've ever been to.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Don't pay, especially with a lineup like that. Megadeth is the only halfway decent band there that's worth seeing.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
I didn't go, but I don't think the line-up is that great. JFAC is terrible, High on Fire is alright, In Flames kind of sucks now, Bodom is good, and I hate Megadeth, so it most likely would've been a waste of money for me.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Telestar
I'm gonna go on saturday, but if anyone else has gone, was it good?

My advice is go if you like the bands. The people in this thread say it's not worth going because THEY don't like the bands. So listen to your gut.
Quote by Telestar
children of bodom, megadeth, in flames, high on fire, job for a cowboy. i just wanna know if theres any cool things that the bands do.

try to get close to the stage at the end of the show because Mustaine throws his writband to the crowd, i got it when i saw them
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Wow there are some really varied opinions in this thread. I am going to put it out there once again though, High on Fire sucked bad. And this concert was easily the best I have ever been to, even better than Dream Theater (who I like much more than Megadeth). CoB's live sound was ****, you couldn't even hear the solos because the rhythm guitar was blasting so loud, but I like their stuff, that is why I said they were great.
Dude, after reading the Megadeth songs they played, I totally wanna go see them. Last time I saw them, they totally missed In My Darkest Hour, Hanger 18 and, most importantly, Tornado of Souls!
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by blues-guitarist
try to get close to the stage at the end of the show because Mustaine throws his writband to the crowd, i got it when i saw them

Pics or it didn't happen
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
CoB's live sound was ****, you couldn't even hear the solos because the rhythm guitar was blasting so loud

last night Bodom was mixed perfectly. You could hear everything. No instrument overpowered another

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by McLovin-
Pics or it didn't happen

It's just a wristband that says "Megadeth", if i take a pic you're just gonna think it's a regular one...i caught a pic from Tony Iommi in that concert too
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by McLovin-
I'm going on May 11. I would also like to here some opinions

Same, to everything you said.
I'm going saturday as well. I think it's gonna be awesome.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by lepermessiah22
last night Bodom was mixed perfectly. You could hear everything. No instrument overpowered another

They must have fixed it then because it was ass in Atlanta.
Quote by johnpetrucci05

I can tell you this though, High on Fire sucked

is that because you just don't like them in the first place or because you liked them and they played like ****?
Quote by conky_600
in what order do the bands play? like whose first, second, etc.

High on Fire, JFAC, Bodom, In Flames, Megadeth

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
sweet. this is gonna be sick. i dont know why people are telling me to listen to my gut if i already got tix. whatever
Quote by blues-guitarist
It's just a wristband that says "Megadeth", if i take a pic you're just gonna think it's a regular one...i caught a pic from Tony Iommi in that concert too

Why would Megadeth, wear something that says "Megadeth". Thats just not right man.
Take a pic anyways
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
Quote by lepermessiah22
High on Fire, JFAC, Bodom, In Flames, Megadeth

ugh

that means i have to find something to do while JFAC plays
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
The only reason me and my friends are going is to see chris broderick. I don't even like the bands that are playing, but he makes it worth it.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join