Poll: Which Ibanez???
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Ibanez???
S520 EX
12 55%
RG1570
10 45%
Voters: 22.
now that i have almost $600 to spend on a guitar, i went to the shop to try out the guitars in my budget. am a total Ibanez freak so i went to the S series first and i loved the S520 ex, it costs almost $600 and i might be able to squeeze a hard shell case for a bit more. but then i saw the RG 1570 prestige (costs $750) and tried it, it was amazing but here is the thing. i didn’t really see a huge difference between the S and the RG, i mean they both have the same neck, almost same weight, they are both easy to play and sound great, the main points of differences were the bridge (RG had the edge pro while the S had the ZR) the pick ups, and the RG had 24 frets while the S had 22. and ya of course the J team stamp on the RG while the S is a humble Korean made guitar. honestly i found the S smoother and more comfy, but am still confused. is it worth it to wait for at least another 2 months or so and spend $150 more to get the RG??? or should i just get the S which i repeat, I like allot.
help
If you like the S go with that.

although the necks are the same thickness when I tried them I thought the S was slightly narrower (i.e. strings closer together). Although I did play them on separate days, not back to back. Another thing to consider is that they have different body woods, so if you change pickups or are looking for a particular sound, you'd have to take the body wood into consideration.

the RG has a basswood body which is a neutral wood whereas the S has a mahogany body and sounds 'darker'. But it's a matter of preference. You enjoyed the S so go for that.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
id go for the s. i love those things
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Wylde_Man
On musiciansfriend the RG is on sale for 600.

That is a sales price, besides i can't ship a guitar to where i live, (outside the states) they wont ship it saying its fragile, and they wouldn't want to hold any responsibility if it broke on the way. it originally costs $799 this one is on sale.
the RG1570 is one of the worst choices you can make. Ive tried them out several times and they sound like complete ****. I liek BC riches better and that says something. For that price it should sound better. Get the S series, great feel and great tremelo system and better priced than the crappy RG.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
the RG1570 is one of the worst choices you can make. Ive tried them out several times and they sound like complete ****. I liek BC riches better and that says something. For that price it should sound better. Get the S series, great feel and great tremelo system and better priced than the crappy RG.

Come on... RGs aren't that bad.
Quote by Fuzzbox91

Wow....no. You played lemons, or they had crap setups. The 1570 is one of the better metal guitars for the money. It's better than an MIJ Dinky, I can tell you that. I agree that the pickups leave something to be desired, but that's the end of their shortcomings.
ok ppl can we focus on the poll at hand... am still confused and in need of help
funny, i am in the exact same dilemma. but i think im going with the S
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I think the S is the wise choice here, but i don't wanna buy the S and then regret not waiting a while longer and getting the prestige RG, untill now am pretty undecided and need the help of UG guys
[quote="Fuzzbox91]the RG1570 is one of the worst choices you can make. Ive tried them out several times and they sound like complete ****. I liek BC riches better and that says something. For that price it should sound better. Get the S series, great feel and great tremelo system and better priced than the crappy RG.
I'm afraid that's just complete bollocks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The S is a great model though no doubt about that

To me its the best Ibanez has for the price
is the s a prestige? if not it will be made in korea, unlike the rg which is made in jap.

Apart from that, they are both great guitars, i chose the rg over the s, cos the s body was to small for me to hold comfortably.
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by which ones pink
Wow....no. You played lemons, or they had crap setups. The 1570 is one of the better metal guitars for the money. It's better than an MIJ Dinky, I can tell you that. I agree that the pickups leave something to be desired, but that's the end of their shortcomings.

I like my DK2M's feel, sound and playablility better than the RG1570.
But my vote goes to the rg1570.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I guess I made my decision.... am going for the S520ex, it just felt more comfy and played amazingly, and I want a guitar now
Thanks all for your support