I got 300 dollars for it. A bit less than i wanted, but more than i could have gotten for it. The good news is with money from working i can now get a used Highway 1 HSS stratocaster!!!! i cant wait.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Awesome.

Gotta love sinning against god by putting a humbucker in a Strat.

I'm just kidding.

Cool stuff dude.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
From what i heard Fender lonestar are better than Highway one hss and are cheaper too
Damien Rice === Legend
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Awesome.

Gotta love sinning against god by putting a humbucker in a Strat.

I'm just kidding.

Cool stuff dude.

oh, I tried the SSS model, It was fine except it wasnt good for palm muting. and allthought this is mostly a hendrix/RHCP guitar im still going to want to play iron maiden and ozzy on it which sounds fine with the HSS model. I can always switch back to a single coil or if i can only find an SSS model ill just switch to a humbucker.

now THIS!! is a sin against god
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511165

not to meantion it sounds bloody awful.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by guitarguy182
From what i heard Fender lonestar are better than Highway one hss and are cheaper too
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Lonestar-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515526

i think i tried one of these out (it had a seymour duncan in it) and i didnt like it. It sounded extremley Bassy. Maybe the speakers on the amp i was using were broken but ive tried out several and found something i dont like in every one.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Lonestar-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515526

i think i tried one of these out (it had a seymour duncan in it) and i didnt like it. It sounded extremley Bassy. Maybe the speakers on the amp i was using were broken but ive tried out several and found something i dont like in every one.

I don't see how it could be bassy. Tex-Mex pickups are quite bright and trebly. I always had to role a bit of the tone off with mine.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't see how it could be bassy. Tex-Mex pickups are quite bright and trebly. I always had to role a bit of the tone off with mine.

oh. Ive tried them with better amps and they just dont have good tone when you crank it. And the clean tone is a bit distorted, almost like playing with gibson pickups. I like the highway one because the Humbucker delivers a crystan clear warm distortion (i can get a great Jake E lee sound out of it) and on clean the notes are just as crystal clear. I just like it better. I guess the lonestar is better if you are playing electric blues 100% of the time but it just didnt seem as versitle to me.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
oh. Ive tried them with better amps and they just dont have good tone when you crank it. And the clean tone is a bit distorted, almost like playing with gibson pickups. I like the highway one because the Humbucker delivers a crystan clear warm distortion (i can get a great Jake E lee sound out of it) and on clean the notes are just as crystal clear. I just like it better. I guess the lonestar is better if you are playing electric blues 100% of the time but it just didnt seem as versitle to me.

I say it's equally versatile, especially if you get awesome wiring done like adding mid boosts and what not.

Even still, I've got awesome br00talz tones with single coils before. It's really how you EQ your amp.

that and your fingers.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster