i have been playin for 2 months and have a teacher..where should my skill level be at? i am worried because everyone on UT says they have been playin for 2 months and i watched one guys video and hes way better then me. I am already in guitar book 2 of the fast track series if any of you guys use thoes are they good books by Hal Leonard. i know a few songs like van halens you really got me and claptons wonderful tonight but its not played like the real version its just an idea of how its played that they have in the song book where should my progress be in these short 2 months
It varies for each person. People pick up their skill really easily, others dont
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/velvetrevolver/ Join if you love Velvet Revolver!

Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Liberation
She looks like she'd belong in Motley Crue.
They also looked pretty hot back in the day.
I'm a guy, but I'd still bang Nikki.
first off i didn't like reading music at all and secondly it is good that you are focused on music as a hobby but u should pick a genre and work at it for a while like my first thing was blues for the solos and all that other stuff but now i am on drop C stuff like cannibal corpse and other metal blues alone took me like 5 lessons of once a week but yeah pick a genre u like and go with that for like a couple months
at two months... well i didn't know any whole songs, just riffs and licks of a bunch of stuff i listen to. There isn't any reason to rush, stick to what you're doing as long as you're learning. I never had a book or teacher or anything though... so in time you'll be a better overall musician than those who are self-taught
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
If you're happy with you're playing after 2 months, then you're well on your way.

If you think you suck and have no suture, you need more work.

If you think you don't know enough and need to learn more, welcome to the world of guitar! Most guitarists are in this phase for a long time!
Firstly, you have your whole life to get better. They say it takes 29 years to master something.

Second...I sucked until about a year. Then it got good. I'd say just stick with your teacher (if he's good), and start learning a touch of theory. Trust me, it'll pay off a ****-load in the long run.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
in my opinion, it is not a big deal about wether you are proggressing slower than anyone else because to sound good its not about how fast you can play but more about what you are playing.
also remember that many people who say that they can play a hard song when they started playing two months ago are just trying to sound more impressive than they really are
yea shes a really good teacher and is very strutcered with her teachings like she wants me to learn proper techniques amd how to read music i guess im just in a hurry to get good but i just wanted to kno where u guys were at after 2 months (if you can remember) becasue i TRY to practice for 30 min to an hour but some of the things in the book are so basic i get bored even if i havent mastered it
I honestly wasn't very good at 2 months. I could play a few of the basic chords and switch back and forth between them fairly well while playing. I had only a few basic strokes in my skill set, like the down-down-up-up-down.

I couldn't play any songs besides a few simple chord-based songs, like a dumbed down version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams and A Hard Day's Night.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by hooperalltheway
i have been playin for 2 months and have a teacher..where should my skill level be at? i am worried because everyone on UT says they have been playin for 2 months and i watched one guys video and hes way better then me. I am already in guitar book 2 of the fast track series if any of you guys use thoes are they good books by Hal Leonard. i know a few songs like van halens you really got me and claptons wonderful tonight but its not played like the real version its just an idea of how its played that they have in the song book where should my progress be in these short 2 months

2 months is nothing.

Honestly, even if you can tune the thing and play the chords A, D and E then you're doing pretty well.

It really doesn't matter where other people were after 2 months, the worst thing you can do is start trying to "measure" your progress....just be content to progress at all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
after two months i could play the main riff for a couple ac/dc and nirvana songs. and make sure that you don't try to learn something too quickly, sloppy, and halfassed or you will have a hardtime unlearning it
yeah like everyone else has said we all progress at diferent rates, and even if you were to compare yourself to others i think 2months is way to early to compare anyhting tbh
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Molloy35
It varies for each person. People pick up their skill really easily, others dont

exact-ary
Been away, am back