hey Pit,

quick question.

my sister, who is 21, is very seriously considering going into law school, but NOT being a lawyer. now, she graduated near the top of her class from UIUC with a classics BA, and she's fairly good at all the stereotypically lawyer-ey things (arguing and whatnot). unfortunately, she claims to despise lawyers and most of the things you could primarily do with a JD, despite the fact that everybody tells her she could (and most likely would) do well in law school. she'd also probably do very well getting into an upper-tier, if not top-tier law program, her LSAT score is 170, or something around there.

so anyways, considering that she almost categorically hates lawyers and politics, etc, but that she'd probably do very well in law school, my question is this:

what can you do with a J.D.?

thanks
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Tell it to be a main character on a hilarious tv show that takes place in and around a hospital.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
sell it to someone
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
She could be a:

Judge
Cop
Bartender

If she graduated top of her class, then she could probably do whatever the hell she wants at this point. So whatever she picks, she will probably be great at it.
Quote by venom0014
you drink it with some coke?

i drink it straight but i get beligierent when i drink whiskey so i dont do it too much, but jager and patron makes me all happy.
21 yr old girl with high intelligence....

pics?
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by barb3rman
Tell it to be a main character on a hilarious tv show that takes place in and around a hospital.

classic
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Quote by TSmitty6
i drink it straight but i get beligierent when i drink whiskey so i dont do it too much, but jager and patron makes me all happy.

edit: i thought this thread was on booze considering that she turned 21. so whats a JD? a judicial degree?
Quote by first_aid
She could be a:

Judge
Cop
Bartender

If she graduated top of her class, then she could probably do whatever the hell she wants at this point. So whatever she picks, she will probably be great at it.

Judges almost always start as attorneys.

EDIT: ^ A JD is a juris doctorate (a law degree, basically)
<Han> I love Hitler
If she doesn't want to be a lawyer and hates all things related she shouldn't waste her time and money to go to law school. It's ridiculously expensive and very time consuming.

What's a classics BA? She should get her master's degree in whatever that is, then get a job.
Quote by barb3rman

even better than the jack and coke answer!
Quote by barb3rman

Aww YEah! I just do what I do when I do what I do!

Fantastic show!

But seriously, JD's are good for corporate world management positions. However, it usually goes with well with a more technical bachelors degree. I'm considering it too.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by venom0014
you drink it with some coke?

+20.
This thread was completely not what I expected.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
lol, helpful guys.

i do appreciate the scrubs references though
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
this is just my two cents but if your sister really hates lawyers and politics then maybe she should become a lawyer. I think we all know how messed up the whole legal system is and how many scumbag lawyers are ruining peoples lives. But if all the good people who hate the system in place avoid it then that only leaves those who like it the way it is. Namely the profit-hungry greedsters who care more about lining their own pockets than in helping their countrymen be well represented legally. So if she hates lawyers and politicians then I say she should become one of them. We need people like her that want to reform the system so that it will serve the people and not the other way around.
Quote by aequitasveritas
what can you do with a J.D.?
Shoot some hoops?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.