Okay, im new and I posted some tabs like...two weeks ago but they havent been
put actually on the site yet......Sooo, wtf?
Does anyone know whats up?
go on your profile and click my contributions and check what's next to each tab you've submitted.

if it's 'w' it's still waiting for approval.

if it's 'd' it's been denied and won't be added to the archive.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I don't feel like making a new thread so I'll steal this kid's. I just accidentally submitted a tab without logging in first then i submitted it after logging in. If it is approved will it be under my name?
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
^Not sure, PM Dyuha if it's not.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
if dyuha notices then yes.

if not (and it gets submitted as an anonymous upload) then pm him and he can change it so that the tab is credited to your account.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
so for my first tab i wrote a near perfect tab of the new disturbed song inside the fire, which i spent a lot of time on(which i didnt save i might add, which ill admit was my fault) and it was denied? why would this happen? thats 100% bull****. its lost forever now?
Quote by tdopz
so for my first tab i wrote a near perfect tab of the new disturbed song inside the fire, which i spent a lot of time on(which i didnt save i might add, which ill admit was my fault) and it was denied? why would this happen? thats 100% bull****. its lost forever now?
1 - Before you go spouting off about " 100% bull**** ", lets look at what YOU should have done.
As you admitted to, YOU should have saved it.
Whining about the fact that "it's lost forever" is just silly.

2 - There are numerous reasons why tabs are rejected. Inaccuracies, wrong format, incomplete, didn't follow procedures, existence of sufficient numbers of previously submitted versions.

3 - Instead of hijacking this thread, you should have posted in this one: WTF? Where is my tab?!?!
Try dropping the " 100% bull**** " bullshit when you post there.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well theres no need to be a dick about it. but if those are the reasons a tab gets denied then im stickin with my 100 percent bs comment. this tab will absolutely be the most accurate one when its accepted after i resubmit it, i used the standard format that everyone else uses, has everything from the intro to the solo to the last chord, and theres only 2 other versions, one of which is even in the wrong tuning and somehow that got accepted. and i dont think i really hijacked this thread, the topic of the thread stayed exactly the same.
Just how different was your tab to this one: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/disturbed/inside_the_fire_tab.htm ?

If it's almost identical, it probably won't be accepted. Use the Corrections function in the comments of the tab.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
the only thing we have identical is the very first
D|-------------------------|
A|-------------------------|
F|-------------------------|
C|--7\----7777-----77------|
G|--7\----7777-----77------|
C|--7\----7777-----77------|

it did have a lot of similarites(i mean cmon its the same song). but i just feel that mine was considerably and noticeably more accurate.

anyways, i just resumbitted it again, and i saved it this time. so if it gets denied again im just gonna keep sending it in.

and not for nothing but half of the comments left on that guys tabs are negative responses, granted one of them was mine, but still, why deny a more accurate tab just cause one of the tabs out there has SOME similarities to it.

for that matter im a little curious. does it just take one person on ug to say no and the tabs get denied? i see that users can decide whether tabs get in or not. does it take multiple votes?
Last edited by tdopz at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by tdopz
anyways, i just resumbitted it again, and i saved it this time. so if it gets denied again im just gonna keep sending it in.
Next time you talk to your mama, ask her if she dropped you on your head when you were a baby. If it gets denied again, and you continue to resubmit, you'll only be making yourself a nuisance. At best you'll gain a reputation as an annoying brat. At worse you'll be banned.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
thank you for your valued opinion. im glad you know how to make a more worthless post than i ever could.
Quote by tdopz
for that matter im a little curious. does it just take one person on ug to say no and the tabs get denied? i see that users can decide whether tabs get in or not. does it take multiple votes?

the tab approval system where users can vote for tabs to be accepted or rejected only serves as a guide for the tab team. if a tab has 100 'yes' votes and no 'no' vote, it doesn't automatically mean it'll be added to the archive. It's very likely that it will but if there's already a 5 star tab in the system then unless the new tab is 100% accurate written by the artist with artists permission for it to be exclusively hosted on UG etc. it probably won't be added.

Quote by tdopz
thank you for your valued opinion. im glad you know how to make a more worthless post than i ever could.

posts like that don't help your cause.

he was right in his first post. You're in the wrong. YOU should have saved your tabs before submitting. Do you want UG to wipe your arse for you too? And you shouldn't moan when a site that's providing you with a free service doesn't deem your tab to be of a high enough quality to be put into the archive. you came off as arrogant and aggressive in your first post and it was in the wrong place.

his comments were completely justified.

Quote by element4433
Quote by tdopz

Resubmitting your tabs over and over again will not increase your chance to add your tabs to the archive.

Unless you have a reason for resubmitting i.e. Dyuha/emad/tab mods have said you can, it'll just get rejected every time.
well i altered in a few parts, added a guitar 2 harmony at one part, made it simpler, rather than reposting every verse i just said verse riff x2 for example. things like that. like i said, i rewrote it i didnt just make it the same thing. but fine i wont continue to do it, ill agree with that.

for lemon, yes i agree i could have worded it better. im sorry to the world if i sounded like was flipping a **** and whining left and right, i was minorly peeved and curious if there was a way to retrieve my submitted and denied tab. whats his faces first post was fine even if it did come off as a little snobby(reading my post i sounded just as bad). it was his second post that was pretty useless and unneccesary and i stand by that
Last edited by tdopz at Apr 25, 2008,
my tab was accepted(i think? it doesnt come up in a search, but its there as a different version link if you look at some random version). thank you for answering my questions, and helping me with my e-manners, i apologize to all i offended by using the term bull****. me and my mom get a long great now, since i lost so many brain cells from the fall i tend to forget it even happened a lot.
Last edited by tdopz at Apr 25, 2008,