I'm basically a pedal-n00b*, so I'm hoping you friendly (Sarcasm) people here at UG can help me.

I've looked at:

DigiTech Bass Driver
Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Uber Metal
Coffin Case Blood Drive
Metal Muff

Any suggestions?
My suggestion would be: Don't get one.

Bass distortion is an aquired taste...I think it sounds much better, and more powerful, to have clean bass just played correctly, as the notes are so low.
I would go with an MXR Bass Blowtorch. Big Muffs are notorious aroud here for tone-robbery, but the bass player in Muse uses one i think. Krist Novaselick (sp) used a ProCo RAT for his distortion, so maybe try one of those.
would i ask for advice on a bass distortion if wanted somebody to tell me that i shouldn't get one?

Why did you even open a post that looking for a bass distortion pedal just to tell me that you dont like them. I asked which ones were good. Not why i shouldn't get one.
also... looking for a DISTORTION PEDAL. If it does overdrive too that'd be amazing, but mainly looking for good DISTORTION sounds.
Quote by jmpullen
also... looking for a DISTORTION PEDAL. If it does overdrive too that'd be amazing, but mainly looking for good DISTORTION sounds.

In the case of the bass, an overdrive will not sound that much different from a Distortion. you just crank the gain to the highest level if there isnt enough.

Get the Tech 21 XXL, it has way too much gain for its size