i'm seriously considering either going into the state trooper program or possibly going to school and at least getting an associate's degree in criminal justice then try to get on as an officer. just wondering if anyone out there in UG Land is a cop, taking criminal justice or if they can give me some insight as to what its like. my cousin is a county sheriff, i would ask him, but i hardly ever see him. thanks
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
I wanted to be a cop.

Then I realized how often I break the law. I roll every single stop sign, I frequently speed 20+ km/h, I walk around publicly intoxicated, I frequently vandalize things... and often I enjoy it. I decided I'd become something else.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by Zeh
I wanted to be a cop.

Then I realized how often I break the law. I roll every single stop sign, I frequently speed 20+ km/h, I walk around publicly intoxicated, I frequently vandalize things... and often I enjoy it. I decided I'd become something else.

seems like we have things in common.
Quote by Nole07
i'm seriously considering either going into the state trooper program or possibly going to school and at least getting an associate's degree in criminal justice then try to get on as an officer. just wondering if anyone out there in UG Land is a cop, taking criminal justice or if they can give me some insight as to what its like. my cousin is a county sheriff, i would ask him, but i hardly ever see him. thanks

My dad is a cop, so if there is anything you want to know ask more specific questions. But I think your in the states... so that'd prbably be a little unhelpful.

I plan on being a cop to, maybe a CSI after a few years of experience (and no not because I like the show).
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
its high responsiblity, high stress, and low pay. the choice is yours
Call me Jack
I realized I would hate to be a cop.

Myself and a friend got picked up for something we obviously did (by a cop, obviously). But a person who saw us, refused to identify us... so the cop had no choice but to just drive us back home (which ended up saving us a walk). Like, I would hate to do that...
Real eyes realise real lies.
I'd love to be a detective at some point in my life (which would first require me to be a cop.) IMO it's the second most honorable profession after being in the military. Cheers!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
So you wanna be a cop?
so you wanna be on the top
arrestin and shootin' all the kids on the block
incarcerate the youth of the next generation
and you get the high fives at the police station

leftover crack 4tw
the question is which would benefit me more, a job as a state trooper or county or town?

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Quote by srv_king

Alaska State Troopers get paid pretty dang well. Like 100k + if you put in the overtime.

Yeah, I'll probably be a cop when I get older.
Quote by srv_king

If you're badass and you love going around kickin' ass all day it's not a bad job.

plus, $60,000 a year in the US on average?! Not bad...
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Don't be a trooper. Troopers just do traffic stuff for the most part. Be a Sherriff's Deputy. You get to do everything that the city does, plus you have a bigger boundary, you can serve criminal and civil warrants, and the county often runs the drug program. So be a deputy. Patrol or in the Drug Division is where I would wanna be.
Quote by freeballin
So you wanna be a cop?
so you wanna be on the top
arrestin and shootin' all the kids on the block
incarcerate the youth of the next generation
and you get the high fives at the police station

leftover crack 4tw

Damn... Beat me to it.
well like a guy stated earlier, detective would be awesome, but i know you have to be on a cop for probably a long long time before you get that. so would the sheriffs department be the best for that?

Quote by rockybo
Quote by Nole07
well like a guy stated earlier, detective would be awesome, but i know you have to be on a cop for probably a long long time before you get that. so would the sheriffs department be the best for that?

You don't have to be a cop at all to become a detective. You just have to take some classes or something... It definitely helps though.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by srv_king

True! but if you live by me, you get paid $100,000 a year and do nothing but sit on your ass!
Proud JEM owner.