Ive been playing for about a month and half btw

so i started out playing fingerstyle because i love funk and funk rock but as ive been playing more i like the feel of playing pick style

i have a couple questions- ive been playing by using my pointer finger as a pick most of the time instead of using an acual pick does this sound much worse if worse than using a puck?

and if i were to use a pick instead what kind/size of pick would be best for funk/funk rock?
I think a good "funk" pick, if you would even wana use one, would be a felt-covered pick. And yea, using a pick would sound better than using your finger i think.
Funk...with pic?

Does not compute.

Boy, you better be careful. Before you know it, your gonna start deviden by zero, and then ****s really gonna go down.
looks like ill just have to work on my finget style then for teh funk i play but either wait for when i play rock id still like to use a pick any certain size for a bass or anythign like that?
Quote by Cubertt
looks like ill just have to work on my finget style then for teh funk i play but either wait for when i play rock id still like to use a pick any certain size for a bass or anythign like that?

To be honest any pick will work so to say. Even the heavy pics are bound to break though. So your gonna have to get a 1.5 mil pick or larger id say. Felts feel weird at first, but they have a slightly different tone. I personally like dunlops 2 mil.
thx a bunch i think ill just buy a pack of felt and a pack of 2-3mm