And i wanted to sell a few pedals to get some cash and put it towards a blues jr. I walk up to the front desk and say "I want to sell these pedals." And i never liked this guy, so he looks at them and says that these are really nice pedals why are you getting rid of them?? I tell him that i really want a new tube amp and he say what kind of amp do you have right now?? I begin to tell him that i have a Line 6 spider 3 (which i do sadly) and he say the funniest thing ever. "Why would you want to get a new amp that a great one." Omg i wanted to fall on the floor and laugh as hard as i could and tell the guy to get a life because that is like the worst amp ever. LOL i just wanted to tell you guys that.
thanks.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
haha...

You're fuuuuuuuuuuuuuunny.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Guitar Center guys seem to automatically say "Get a Spider" unless you specifically mention wanting tubes. I bet they get great commissions on those Line 6 amps.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I don't know what it is about guitar center and Spiders lol.. I can bet anything they get some good kick backs from line 6 to sell there stuff over everything else.

not kick-backs. very high mark up.
even though a soldano or diezel will cost you your first born, the store probably wont make very much. they'll make a crap-load more if they can sell the same amount in spiders or mg's
what amazes me is how a GC sales person can sleep at night, foisting those amps upon unknowledgeable consumers.
Nice.
Did you actually TRY out some amps?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I had a GC worker get mad at me when I talked a guy out of buying a Behringer Ultrabass...It was really rather amusing.
Nope, no sig here.
Yeah, I've noticed they seem to push those spiders like crazy. I think the original spider sounds better to my ears. The spider II just sounds harsh to me. Just my $.02
Quote by Mutant Corn
I had a GC worker get mad at me when I talked a guy out of buying a Behringer Ultrabass...It was really rather amusing.

Nice.
I actually was talking to a kid playing through an MG halfstack, and the worker there helped me turn him away from it. The worker said that "it is really fizzy, and doesn't really sound like marshall at all". And, he plugged the kid into a peavey classic 30 combo. When the kid pointed at a line 6 spider III, the worker said "that is really too digital. You will become bored it with it quickly".

God, I love that store.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Our local Guitar Center SUCKS. Nothing but junk ass Marshall MG's, Spider III's, and Vox's. God forbid you are looking for a decent metal sounding tube amp at a reasonable price because you arn't finding it there. All our GC is good for is accessories. Oh, and Monster cables, you know, the best overpriced cables on earth.
You guys should be glad you even HAVE a shop dedicated to guitar gear... Out here in Jamaica it's just one music shop in the whole city for every instrument.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You guys should be glad you even HAVE a shop dedicated to guitar gear... Out here in Jamaica it's just one music shop in the whole city for every instrument.

I think i would rather not have guitar center then have guitar center to be honest. I only go there for emergency items or when they do a retardo sale of like 20% off and i get my no tax discount.. Thats the only reason i purchased my Valveking..
I've actually never used a Line 6 Spider, everytime I goto the Musician's Friend warehouse they are all broken XD. However thats probibly good seeing as how it would save me from makeing my tone go horrid.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
I hope I did a good thing a few days ago at GC.

There was a kid there who was ready to start on guitar, and was walking around the entire store, kind of overwhelmed by everything. A GC employee set him up with a C-1 Hellraiser and a Spider III. When he went off into the back, I pointed the guy towards a Cube 30 and an Ibanez RG2EX1. His parents came up and bought that for him instead. Hopefully, he enjoys his purchase.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
I hope I did a good thing a few days ago at GC.

There was a kid there who was ready to start on guitar, and was walking around the entire store, kind of overwhelmed by everything. A GC employee set him up with a C-1 Hellraiser and a Spider III. When he went off into the back, I pointed the guy towards a Cube 30 and an Ibanez RG2EX1. His parents came up and bought that for him instead. Hopefully, he enjoys his purchase.

i would have rather had a hellraiser.
but that would be unlikely for a kid to get a $700 guitar for his first.

anyways, the guitar center employees also suck.
id probably do a better job, due to all the info ive received from UG.
too bad im not 18.
when i asked to try out some overdrives on a valveking royal 8, the salesmen recomended me a boss metalcore pedal.
i left shortly after.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I've only been to a couple GCs...the first one was a rather small one in miami. People didn't really seem to care about anything..which I bet was not really good for sales

But some time ago I went to a GC in LA (I think it was on hollywood or sunset Blv or something) awsome store. It was huge, there were all kinds of instruments and I ended up buying a hot rod deluxe (which i still love). The guy that showed me the amps was really cool and he didn't try to point me to anything because it was expensive or whatever..

so, because of that I now enjoy GC a lot more.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

i have had mixed opinions on GC for some time now. i went there today at 10am when they opened and practically had the store to myself. an older guy that i recognized was extremely helpful. i wanted to try out several amps on my short list and he got every single one of them out for me and placed them on the floor in a line AND brought me a guitar stand. i was in shock actually. usually that place is a mad house with lots kids talking up the Spiders and trying to impress people.

Just so you know, 4 of the 6 amps on my short list they had. one was a SuperChamp 600 but it was in the back and he brought that out and unboxed it. So I had a Vox AD30ACC, SuperChamp, Hot Rod Delux, Blues Jr, and the Peavey ValveKing 112 (which i eventually bought). They didn't have one Blackheart which surprised me but I think the ValveKing would have one anyway.

i was there 3 hours total and went outside twice for a smoke break and to think things thru.
ha ha

i'll save my not so good experiences for another thread
;
You know last week I decided to try a Spider III myself just to see what all the fuss is about. It's nothing compared to my tube amp but for a modeling amp if your into the heavier stuff it's not too bad. TBH I actually enjoyed sitting there and playing it quietly, for practice and bedroom use it's a decent modeling amp IMO.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
meh, not like he was going to make any money telling you to keep your Spider III. I don't think the smaller ones are as horrible as everyone makes them out to be, at least not for someone just starting out and beginning to learn about different amps and fx. Certainly beats the crappy amp I started with.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Our local Guitar Center SUCKS. Nothing but junk ass Marshall MG's, Spider III's, and Vox's. God forbid you are looking for a decent metal sounding tube amp at a reasonable price because you arn't finding it there. All our GC is good for is accessories. Oh, and Monster cables, you know, the best overpriced cables on earth.

Lol que?

I have said many time how much I love the 3 guitar centers I frequent. The employees are all helpful and nice. I just bought a Screamin Blues OD pedal at mine the other day. I asked to try it out against a Boss Blues Driver, so the dude set me up with them side to side, and I played them through 3 different amps (A Peavey Delta Blues, an AC30CC and an AD50VT[which I own and bought at that same guitar center]) with 2 different guitars, and even got me a slide when I asked for one.

Then when I went to check out, he even knocked off 15 bucks from my purchase.

The only thing is that a 14 year old kid plugged into a Twin Reverb right next to me with a Dean ML and started to play an odd metalcore riff on the clean channel with the reverb turned off. Well, the clean channel definitely shows one's level of playing(not that I'm much better).
my gc was ok. They didnt have much variety but they did have mesas. A lot of spiders and valvetronix but i dodnt see any marshall mg's. maybe i wasnt looking.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by zeppelinpage4
You know last week I decided to try a Spider III myself just to see what all the fuss is about. It's nothing compared to my tube amp but for a modeling amp if your into the heavier stuff it's not too bad. TBH I actually enjoyed sitting there and playing it quietly, for practice and bedroom use it's a decent modeling amp IMO.

I did this once, too. I thought the same thing, "Oh, it's a good practice amp. Makes sense, for $100, new."
*sigh*

Guitar centre employees are paid for their job, a part of their job is to sell the crap amps. Half the time they don't suggest the product they actually would if they were asked outside of thier work. They have to sell amps, they can't sell everyone tube amps because then the MGs/Spiders wouldn't be sold, they could be fired by not selling those amps. If i worked their i would suggest a spider to a beginner guitarist, all those features, wide range of tones and all in one small cheap package. And i doubt a new guitarist will even know what a tube amp is. So the employees sell them those amps, if you talk to them seriously and you know their stuff they will suggest Tube amps.
Last edited by thellamaking at Apr 24, 2008,
i worked for a baby company of GC and line 6 gives em alot of money to sell there **** amps so they told us to push them over almost anythig else.... witch i didnt because lets face it im not a line 6 fan as most people arent... so unless u get a good honest dude dont listen to all the line 6 dribble they just want cash!
Quote by tincho729
I've only been to a couple GCs...the first one was a rather small one in miami. People didn't really seem to care about anything..which I bet was not really good for sales

:O!

I think I went to the same one you did. By hallandale?

and yeah it is preety small, and I didn't find what I was looking for.

but ive heard the one by miami lakes is way bigger.
Line 6 spider III amps are okay,some of the effects really suck and then some presets are really nice.. but it never will beat the sound of a real tube amp. I wish i had the options when i bought my spider ...i would got something better in stead that was TUBED! Right now i am looking at a Black heart Handsome Devil ....GC needs more variety gear wise there online store and musicians friend have a ton of crap..But downside is you have to order it and you cant try things out...The guitar center by at me (villa park,illinois)i have to admit they are pretty good...and will hangle with you price wise.Also they carry some nice vintage amps but are way over priced.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.