I've already got it lodged in my head that i'm going to build a neck thru King V with a 7 piece (maple, wenge, cherry, purple heart, cherry, wenge, maple) neck (showing thru the top and back of the guitar) with the side veneers of lacewood... not sure about the body wood though... possibly mahogany. I haven't finished (but am close to finishing) my current build and I was wondering how many people plan ahead to make more guitars? I'm going to also build 2 les paul style guitars after the V is done and possibly make another LP DC style but with a carved top
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Yeah I already have a neckthrough planned, I haven't finished painting my current build yet, much less putting it together.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
OK glad to hear i'm not the only one . what's your next build gonna be?

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Well at this point I'm thinking "blood wood - maple - dark wood - maple - blood wood" for the neck, mahogany wings with flame maple caps over the wings only. 3 single coils, direct mounted, Gibson style headstock with a strat shaped body. A lot of clearcoats and a miracle lol! I have no idea where I'm going to get the wood without paying like $300 for it...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
i think no matter what you end up paying a small fortune for tonewoods unless you find a really good deal somewhere... have you tried ebay? I dont even know if they have ebay in canada hehe. sounds like a busy and nice sounding build. What's the import tax on items going from US to Canada?

Uhm... I really do not know. I don't recall much difference in the price quoted on the website I bought my current parts from, and how much I actually paid. I will look into it though.

Yeah well and you at least have a local supplier for woods, which is nice. We have an ebay.ca, but it has slim pickings compared to american ebay.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
short answer: yes.

I always plan a bunch of builds during what I'm doing. When I was finishing up a strat i decided i wanted a firebird type guitar. Now I'm finishing a firebird and have decided I want to make an explorer type guitar, at the same time I will be making an acoustic guitar, and before both of them I'm going to be finishing another strat.
sweet. I assume you're going to post up all these builds? Firebirds = niiiice.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
i know i'm gonna post up mine for sure

carousel, i've seen some of your builds... fantastic work. how are the bones healing?

in short, yes see thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840066

Hell i've only been playing guitar again for a few weeks after several years off, and I've already put back together my old sunn mustang- albeit without its new tuners- I got giddy when my HH setup arrived! So that still needs pulling apart for a few finishing touches, and already I'm planning a telecaster build!

I'm getting ahead of myself- I havent even remastered playing twinkle twinkle little star after my few years out of it- I'm very rusty!
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
i tell ya these business trips i take are bad news. spend too much time in a hotel and you go insane. i got home from a business trip 2 months ago, spent a small fortune on woodworking equipment and started building my first guitar... all because there was nothing to do in the hotel room but google search "building electric guitars" and surfing projectguitar.com for a week straight lol

I've always got too many ideas swirling around in my head......
I'm getting way ahead of myself considering I'm still not even done my first build

I'm thinking about a tele-style build, and I've got a few ideas for some basses. I really want to try experimenting with sympathetic strings (I've been planning that into the tele, a bit..), and I've thought about even more extended range than the 7 I'm working on now (for both the basses and guitars). There's also a LP I'd really like to make, as well as a few strats......

As I said, I'm getting waaaaaaay too far ahead of myself...
hopefully I'll get to build at least two of my dreams eventually...
LoL i hear ya. I'm planning on 3 personal builds, one build for a friend and assisting in a build for another friend. I think I may want to eventually try selling them but I want to see how bad I screw up mine I have a friend with an indie record label with some popular local bands signed to it so I might try to cut him and the bands a deal... discounted pricing for endorsements