Whenever I pick up the guitar, I find myself playing scales or just the stairway to heaven solo, unconsciously, because it was the first solo i learned the whole way through. Does anyone play a song similarly? I find it kind of relaxing.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
One by Metallica

Greatest song of all time. Nuff said.
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
i usually tend to play enter sandman exept for the solo because it was the first thing i ever learned
if im tired or not reelly psyched about playing i tend to play wish you were here by pink floyd
I pick it up and I usually play an Asus2 chord.. it goes crazy from there.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i play the intro to Into the Coven by Mercyful Fate cause its a really good warm up
Tim Henson 08

Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
opening riffs- caught in a mosh- anthrax
that's what i start with.
or riffs from a norma jean song.
lol i usually do the same thing with the blues scale cuz its so simple and sounds amazing anywhere lol. and the master of puppets solo, it was the first solo i learned
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
One's first solo.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
The first thing I do is check to see if it's in standard or Drop-D.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I play e and a minor pentatonic scales, then i play the intro to sweet child of mine, and then i play purple haze by jimi hendrix.
lol You guys sure know your stuff. I grab my guitar, open my book, and learn little 8 measure songs with some chords in it.

I just started so I hardly know anything.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
Usually either the intro to "The Trooper" or the intro to "Sweet Child O' Mine," occasionally it's the blues scale at the twelfth fret though.
for some reason i play the TNT intro to warm up the amp then i start playing the stairway solo, then dani california solo =D
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Quote by ledzepprules09
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

Coheed is Soooo gooooood.

Coheed and Cambria has some really fun solos, I'm really into Welcome Home right now I can't get enough of the solo in that song.
Anything a la randy rhoads
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Finger excercise 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,1 3,4,2,1 4,1,2,3,
Chords A, E, C, G, D, F (7th, minor and barre)
Come as you are intro
IRON MAN intro
The Evil that Men Do intro
Sweet Child O Mine intro and bridge
Zakk Wylde Farewell Ballad up to the part before he goes NUTS!
Then a powerchord medely I came up with...

(lots of intros... )
For me it's usually a little Killswitch Engage - My Curse I know a few parts of the song and it's pretty fun to play. Either that or the intro to Master of Puppets. Or more recently... C major scale.
I check the guitar's tuning with natural harmonics whenever I pickup a guitar. Then I play an open G-chord and then an open C-chord. Sometimes I'll play a bit of "Wish You Were Here" or "Jesus Dont Want me for a Sunbeam", just pretty sounding chordal stuff to make sure everything is decently in tune.

Pretty much all the warm up I do in most cases.