i feel as if im not getting any better at guitar. ive been playing for almost to and a half years. my friend who seems to be playing the same amount as me seems to be progressing and getting alot better and its personally aggrivating me. is there any advice you guys can give me to help me get better? also i never really had a good teacher so i dont kno to much about there and solos so i kno i should learn that. but if theres anything else please help?!!
Here is a tip: Dont ask the Pit.

That wasn't supposed to be mean. The Electric Guitar form might be of help. Might be a sticky around to ask this kind of stuff, not 100% sure.
Get a teacher.

I'm pretty bad at guitar, but I've only been playing a few months. Just keep playing..? get someone to teach you?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Either your good with music or your not. Nothing you can do about it but practice more.
practice.............. alot
Tim Henson 08

Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by shouse6661
ok thanks

Oh and guitar pro is also pretty useful.
I'm hopefully going to get a teacher soon as well.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Sunny Afternoon
Take up bass

Ew.

Find yourself a good teacher. I was thinking the same thing a few months ago and was even trying out a different teacher. Discovered my current teacher is about as great as a teacher can get, I'm just not asking for anything challenging.