i posted a thread earlier that didnt get much feedback, where i wanted to know peopels opinions on a jackson pc1 or an ibanez jem.
well iv been reading and i want to open up my options.
i just want to know what is every ones favorite gutiar for shredding. aka this thred is for people who like to shred, so just thow guitars out there that you like, and when i got to try guitars ill look for those as well( provided they are still avaliable). try to keep hte price below 2300 or around that.
thanks
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Fender rumble 300 bass amp
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall special edition red cab
i personally love shcecters even though they are not a "shred" guitar idk i have a schecter c1 FR hellraiser its absolutley amazing i can just about do anything on it
it also has a price of 800 that other companies can't comnpete with for such a quality instrument
Well I really like the feel of the ESP Eclipses even though they aren't made for shredding. Gonna get me one once I get a new amp.
for me:

any guitar with a thin neck
24 frets (extra large help)
amazing upper fret access
floyd rose

o look at that my jackson fits all the criteria
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
I also like the Schecters. I have the C1 Hellraiser FR as well. The neck isn't a super thin neck, so if you like a really thin neck, probably not gonna like it too much. But I like a bit thicker necks so its perfect for me.

The quality is very great for a very affordable price.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Jackson. Thin =/= fast, my Ibanez shows me that every time I play my Jackson.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
hey thanks a bunch.
im looking for a high end gutiar im not saying schectars and what not arent nice but im looking for that guitar that is gunna be my new baby i want the one that i look at and hold and am blown away by its craftmanship.
iv tried schectar, the necks are nicea and they are beauty's but the necks are a little to think for me i have small hands, i do lovvvveeee jacksons i htink im probably gunna go with a jackson pc1 iv read mixed reviews, some say they are amazing some say the pickups could be better and a few have had problems with neck finishes (which is wierd)
iv heard good things about esp horizons.
im not the biggest fan of ibanez necks i was looking at the jem though
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
oh and i have a jackson roads pro (pre fender rr1) and i lvoe it which is why i was looking at jacksons in the first plaice, you cant beat ebony fret boards on neck though body's with a double locking trem
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
price range
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
in the orig post i said uner 2200 or around that so basically any normal not special edition gutiar
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
Jackson KV2..but im biased.

i LOVE RG ibanez's tho.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
My favorite out of them all is the Gary Kramer Turbulence R
The fastest one by far that i tried was the washburn wm526. The only guitar i know of with a carbon glass epoxy neck. This guitar feels incredibly good.
And under 1k my favorite is the modded Ibanez RGt42dx. The RGs are probably the second fastest guitar series. I still prefer the kramer because of the 36 frets however.
i dont think you can go past a jackson soloist to be honest, or even a dinky.

ive had guys with ESP Horizons, RG prestiges and american strats that have played my mid/low range dinky and told me it felt really nice to play.

the build quality and tone on mine arent fantastic (cheap pickups and trem) but the neck is fantastic and you can only expect better and the complete package with a pro or usa select series jackson.
the washburn wm526 sounds cool but i cant find any reviews on it does any one have any opinions
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
Quote by keabler
hey thanks a bunch.
im looking for a high end gutiar im not saying schectars and what not arent nice but im looking for that guitar that is gunna be my new baby i want the one that i look at and hold and am blown away by its craftmanship.
iv tried schectar, the necks are nicea and they are beauty's but the necks are a little to think for me i have small hands, i do lovvvveeee jacksons i htink im probably gunna go with a jackson pc1 iv read mixed reviews, some say they are amazing some say the pickups could be better and a few have had problems with neck finishes (which is wierd)
iv heard good things about esp horizons.
im not the biggest fan of ibanez necks i was looking at the jem though

i'd suggest esp. My buddy has one, the ec-1000, it is like an lp but with the thinest neck imaginable without being flat....its good
Carvin DC-400

You choose what you want about it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah iv tried an ec-1000 very nice but nothing compared to my jackson my jackson
hey but thanks for hte feedback again it looks like alot of people have found a love in jackson necks as i have. alot of people also like alot of different guitars, and i will deff try them out if ican get my hands on hem but as of now im feelen the jackson pc-1 with its flamed neck haha
but i would still like to check out or know any opinions on the wahsburn
my gear:
Jackson Roads Pro
Gibson Explorer Pro
Fender American P-bass
Squire P-bass
Peavey 6505 head
Last edited by keabler at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by keabler
hey thanks a bunch.
im looking for a high end gutiar

look into Ibanez PRESTIGE line. They are the japananese made Ibanezes. My brother has one and it's SWEET!! I'm pretty happy with my indonesian made RG though..
Quote by MESAexplorer
Carvin DC-400

You choose what you want about it.

or the dc 127. both are insane guitars
Got an Ibanez S2170 a month ago. It was made in Korea. Works great. But I get more speed from my Taylor T5.