I am considering getting one of these and I wanted to know what those of you that have it think. For now, I just have a Digitech RP-250 processing pedal for effects but I mainly just use one I made on there and dont use most of the stuff on there. So just wondering what those of you that have the Metal Master think.
well, i can get alot of awesome tones out of my metal master. However it is very noisy and fizzy on some settings. Great pedal, lots of tones but if your technique is a bit sloppy it will make all kinds of noises
I like the Metal Master. The morph knob allows a small amount of different tones. It's a good pedal. If you get a chance to get it cheap/used I'd say go for it.
it is junk try the digitech black 13.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
dont do it. its sounds very thin
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Whoever posted it sounds thin obviously has never heard it. Guitarist from disturbed has one in his pedal chain. Need I say more? In fact, he has his OWN Digitech pedal called "The Weapon" which has the most advanced position on the Morph knob, on his pedal. Look it up!
Ok well if you can then post some sound clips, I would like to here it. I play an LTD-Deluxe EC-1000
I am in school as of now but i will try to record some later today. I will be playing through an older model KE3 (before they updated the hardware/pups) with an EMG81 at the bridge and stock pickup at the neck. Planet Wave cables with the short on them and a 1966 Fender Super Reverb.
Quote by elchico04
dont do it. its sounds very thin

i think he meant the Black 13.
dont get the Black 13, i tried it once and couldnt get a decent sound out of it.
idk, maybe its just me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Ok so say no to the black 13. Verdict is still out on the Metal Master and "The Weapon"
The metal master is blah.
But, if you have a piece of crap amp (like when I was in MS, one of the guys that we worked with down there for hurricane relief had a little epiphone studio 10 amp and a metal master, and it sounded pretty good for a crap rig). Well, I wasn't a tone freak back then. The tone was thin, but it was definitely more interesting and adjustable than the disto on the amp itself.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Too digital. Save up then get the metal muff or sansamp gt-2.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Titansfan920
Damn the sansamp is expernsive

Save up if you really want it. When I got it, i never looked for any dist pedal again.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

^ I just listened to the clips in your profile and I think you need a new amp to be honest, either that or your Digitech has terrible distortion
Quote by Horlicks
^ I just listened to the clips in your profile and I think you need a new amp to be honest, either that or your Digitech has terrible distortion

To be honest, I don't use amp for recording. And I don't have any digitech. Except for my Bad Monkey which I use for boosting.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots