hey my friend is looking for something with predominately great cleans and pretty good bluesy distortion, 2 channels and reverb for under 300 bucks (USD)
i'm trying to get him to get tube so think hard because if he doesn't find something he's most likely going solid state YOUZA!! lol
he plays in a indie band theres their site so that you have a good idea of what tones he's after:
he plays rhythm guitar:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=161640604
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Not much has 2 channels for under $300. But a good choice in general would be a Crate V16.
there aren't any. honestly its getting old, people asking "where can i get a good amp for no money?" the closest you'll get is an epi valve jr. but while its tube it has very low output. tell him to either save his money or just deal with a solid state.
this doesn't have any blues or gain on it but the epiphone galaxy is amazing. the cleans are soo good and it is an awesome amp. you have to get one off ebay tho cuz they are out of production
I have a Fender Super Champ which has a Tube Preamp. It was under $300 and has a nice vintage bluesy sound.
Quote by scawti
I have a Fender Super Champ which has a Tube Preamp. It was under $300 and has a nice vintage bluesy sound.

I would have to agree on this one even tho there is no power tube. I played it at GC today and it was alright for $299. Personally, his band mates need to pitch in $109 and help him get the Peavey Valveking 112 50 wattr

;