I am a guitarist, and a drummer, and i am going to college soon, and i will be living in a dorm my freshman year. I don't want to leave my drums set behind, but it looks like i will have to because i don't know if they will let me have it in a dorm. Any advice on what to do?
If you can find a friend that lives nearby that will let you keep the kit in his aparment/house and then just go there and play it when you want to.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
get in with one of the professors in the music department and see if you can come in and use one of those kits when they are not in use.

even if you want to, i wouldnt bring it up. one, you will have no room in your dormroom for it, two, people will bitch when you play it, and three, somethings is going to get broken. thing about having a bunch of drunk people in a dormroom...do you really want your couple hundred dollar kit sitting in there when someone trips and falls ontop of it?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i'm going to college too! but i'm just a guitarist so i won't have the same problem...i wouldn't recommend bringing your drums either though.

what college?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i'm going to college too! but i'm just a guitarist so i won't have the same problem...i wouldn't recommend bringing your drums either though.

what college?

Either Rutgers, Temple, or Kutztown.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
get in with one of the professors in the music department and see if you can come in and use one of those kits when they are not in use.

even if you want to, i wouldnt bring it up. one, you will have no room in your dormroom for it, two, people will bitch when you play it, and three, somethings is going to get broken. thing about having a bunch of drunk people in a dormroom...do you really want your couple hundred dollar kit sitting in there when someone trips and falls ontop of it?
He (or she) speaks truth. Or you could always just buy an electric drum kit like my suitemate did. It's a lot less loud and more compact.
if your a music major, there should be a drumset (at least one) that you can practice on.
many people bring it and keep it in there car for gigs. also, sometimes you can get huge locker for musicians at some schools. ask about this if you visit one of your prospected colleges
Just leave it at your relatives' house until you get your own place. In the meantime, try to make friends with the music department
Drum machine? Really, there's not much you can do other than the ideas already posted. I like the leaving the set at a friend's house idea.

Oh, and Temple ftw!
If there's a jazz program at your music program, there's bound to be a drum set or two.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana