I was wondering if I was allowed to use the lyrics from old hymns. I would put my own music to them and if anyone asks, I would like the liberty of selling them. One of my friends said you can use it only if it's public or something.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
After so many years, literature is owned by the public, but I'm not sure how many years...
My uber smart/lawyer history teacher told us this. Thats why so many different publishers make the old Tom Sawyer books.
yes, they are considered public domain. i did a 15 page exit project on copyrigths and piracy, you should be fine
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Research public domain. I'm not sure what the exact length of time is before something comes into the public domain.

Also, Bob Dylan did a lot of that kind of stuff--incorporating myths, legends, that kind of stuff--into his lyrics.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
70 years after the originial copyright holders death the copyrighted material becomes public domian... if no1 renews the copyright

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
This was my idea I was going to make a whole album of hymns made metal.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
70 years after the originial copyright holders death the copyrighted material becomes public domian... if no1 renews the copyright

How can you find of they have renewed the copyright or not? Think it be written on the book?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
you can google the copyrights that are being held currentlly ir you can google the public domain stuff

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1