I drink 10-12 16.9 fl. ounce bottles of water daily. Is that bad? Someone told me that it can be extremely dangerous.
I don't know how much is too much, but I do know that the whole "8-10 cups a day of water" thing is complete **** and can be harmful to you because then you just end up peeing out the water. When you piss and it isn't clear it shows your body releasing toxins, and this will happen with just drinking water when you want to. If you pretty much flood yourself with water, your body just pushes it all out.
its about 5-6 liters.

I don't see a problem with it, just cleaning out your kidneys pretty much.
That's 5 to 6 liters a day.
It can be. Your brain will swell up and you'll go into a coma (if I remember correctly).
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
If you drink NOTHING but water, then you can almost "drown" yourself due to the flushing out of electrolytes, salts (basically things you need to stay alive)

Google "Wee for a Wii"
Thats a LOT. but unless you're drinking all 10-12 in like 2 hours, it can be dangerous.

Too much watter too fast can be dangerous because your body has to absorb it and send it through your body. When there's too much, cells basically drown from huge vacuoles or something. My biology teacher explained this when there was a contest of water drinking and some woman died.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i think as long as you arent forcing yourself to drink water and you arent feeling weird, you should be okay.
You can actually die from water poisoning.....

Your consuming a bit too much, but not by a crap load, just calm it down to about 6 of those bottles and you should be alright
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
There was a girl who chugged water on a radio station and died.. I forget how much she drank though, they were seeing who could drink the most without peeing... Stupid idea.
if you're exercising during the day or anything then its probably not as bad, but you have to be careful with that kind of stuff because you could actually drown your body by drinking too much water(in an extreme situation.) and dude..the guitar forums are not the best place to post about medical questions. go on like webmd or something or anywhere with some validity.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Well, it's just I'm always inexplicably thirsty. And I've only felt weird from drinking water a few times, like I felt my muscles kind of spasming in my chest but it went away in a few hours, and of course I stopped drinking.

And I throw in an occasional vitamin water, so I'm sure that does something for the electrolytes I'm losing.
The ironic thing is you think you're doing yourself good by drinking all that water but you could actually be giving yourself a vitamin deficiency.

Many vitamins are water soluble and if you're drinking more water than your body needs it just passes right through you (your body is under homeostatic regulation for water absorption). You could be drinking so much that you're body doesn't have a chance to absorb enough vitamins.

You could end up with scurvey or something.
Quote by Thomasoman
Well, it's just I'm always inexplicably thirsty. And I've only felt weird from drinking water a few times, like I felt my muscles kind of spasming in my chest but it went away in a few hours, and of course I stopped drinking.

And I throw in an occasional vitamin water, so I'm sure that does something for the electrolytes I'm losing.
Not if you're just pissing them away.
It depends...are you exercising regularly? You may want to add a little Gatorade powder (not to the point of syrupy goop) or sodium to replace whatever you sweat. And, it never hurts if you live in a dry climate.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
as shown in Calvin and Hobbes comics, Calvin drank too much water and turned into a puddle.
But, i'm not sure if that's scientifically adamant information.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator