I've been eating steamed or chicken fried rice for lunch almost every day for the last month or two... How healthy/unhealthy is it?
sup?
Rice is EXTREMELY unhealthy, and EVERYONE knows that. Dumbass..
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I'm sure it's fine normally.
But you live in Edmonton, so... no.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by SRX700
I'm sure it's fine normally.
But you live in Edmonton, so... no.

what?
sup?
It's fine. But if your eating junk the rest of the day it doesn't even matter.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I don't know, but Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world because of it's huge supply of fish and rice
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Depending on the type of rice, it can be high in Simple Carbs, so keep that in mind if your on a specific diet.

But other than that, it isn't that bad.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Rice IS actually pretty healthy. Lots of nutrients. Fiber too. However, chicken fried rice everyday...you might want to lay off awhile.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
brown rice is healthier than steamed white rice, but idk exactly how healthy it is
Rice is actually quite good for you, everyone just thinks it is bad cuz it's a dreaded carbohydrate (oh noes!). but people need carbohydrates, and lots of them. it's the base of the food pyramid, and fuels cellular respiration.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I don't know, but Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world because of it's huge supply of fish and rice

QFT
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by valentinezxifax
Rice IS actually pretty healthy. Lots of nutrients. Fiber too. However, chicken fried rice everyday...you might want to lay off awhile.

ok, I don't buy chicken fried rice every day , only occasionally, usually steamed rice...
sup?
Rice is basically glucose and starch. Lots of carbs for high energy, if you use that energy then its good. Also, it's only glucose and starch in white rice, so you need to eat other stuff to get the nutrients you need.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
yeah well people are ****ing stupid and should all die

anways, you need carbs and rice is awesome, but white rice isn't
brown rice is.

white rice=simple carbs=sugars
brown rice=complex carbs=sugars

fried **** is bad
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by ldl67
what?

Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Rice is great. That's why most (if not all) of Asia produces so much. Rice is like the east's wheat. It's basically their bread, and we all know how great bread is. Plus you can mix so much stuff with it, so if you're not getting another w/e with just rice, throw in some veggies and/or meat and there yeah go.
Lotta rice threads today, seems like everyone's inner Asian is being exposed.

It's been covered already in this thread, but just make sure to eat other things than just steamed rice. It's not bad for you, but you need to eat stuff with it to give your body all the nutrients and vitamins and all that junk that it needs.
Eating only rice is bad, but as long as you're eating other stuff at breakfast and dinner you should be cool.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Eating only rice is bad, but as long as you're eating other stuff at breakfast and dinner you should be cool.

yeah, otherwise i eat quite healthily
sup?
The fried rice probably isnt healthy, but plain rice isnt bad as long as you arent having many other carbs with it. It's a simple carbohydrate, so it's not the most nutritious thing, but it's not unhealthy. Wild rice is a more nutritious alternative

I have rice everyday, btw. Just with other stuff.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

My friend is Vietnamese. He family eats rice like crazy, and he is the most toned, in shape person I know.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
I eat rice every day, and the doc says I'm in near-perfect health. Albeit a bit thin.

Quote by ldl67
I've been eating steamed or chicken fried rice for lunch almost every day for the last month or two... How healthy/unhealthy is it?

The rice is fine. The fact it's fried isn't. If you want to ensure you're healthy, ask for brown rice. It has a ton of fiber and other good stuff that normal white rice lacks.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Why do you think Asians are rarely fat?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have rice every day and I'm still fine. Just look at the shaolin monks. All they eat is rice and vegetables. No meat. And they are still ripped and can kill you with one finger.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Rice itself isn't healthy, it's just empty calories like all other grain products. Since they're essentially sugar, you'll be hungry again quite soon. Fill up on the chicken, the protein lasts longer.
hue
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why do you think Asians are rarely fat?

Japan has a 3.2% obesity rate, compared to America's 30.6% and the U.K.'s 23.0%

Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
It depends, is it poisoned?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp