Just thought I'd ask you guys how well you think I am doing so far.
I've learned alot of the notes in the first position. I've been practising the C Major scale, and now trying to practise the A minor scale.

I can play the following chords, but can't switch between them very fast:

C, G, Am, Dm, E7, F

I can play the Highway To Hell intro, along with the Hells Bells intro and some of If You Want Blood.

I learning from a book called Mel Bay's Guitar Method's Grade 1, and it's helped me alot.

Any tips on what I should be practising more? I've learned probably a good 10-15 songs in my book, which are pretty easy. I think I should be working on doing my scales faster, and switching between the chords I know faster, and cleanly.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
You probably have, but you didn't say it; learn the pentatonic eventually.

You need to understand scale-degrees. So in C Major C is 1, D is 2, etc until B is 7.

You need to understand the scale-degrees in order to understand how chords are constructed.

Then the thing of utmost importance, is to understand how chords are created.
I'll half to look around for what pentatonic is. I've heard of it, but I don't really know what it is.
I'll also have to look up scale degrees. Right now, I know that every major key have a relative minor key. A minor is relevant to C major. I'm just learning from what my book is telling me, but I know there is so much more to learn.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Crate 15W Amp
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Zildjian Cymbals
Sounds good to me, especially since you're learning theory and not just songs. You'll probably like the fact that that the E7 chord is just a couple fingers away from the E7 Minor chord, E Major and E Minor 7th chords, kick ass!
Quick couple tips. The relative major to minor scales are always the same. In other words, A minor is relative to C major cause its the sixth note in the C major scale. Therefore, the relative minor scaled to ANY major scale is always the sixth note in the scale. Also, the penatonic is important but if your learning the minor right now than dont bother with penatonic yet.

You sound like your progressing quite well. Dont load yourself up with too much though.
Thanks for the tips. This weekend I'm going to dedicate to practicing guitar.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Crate 15W Amp
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Zildjian Cymbals
Quote by Ryan14
Thanks for the tips. This weekend I'm going to dedicate to practicing guitar.

Hey dude, if you want, my AIM SN for Instant Messenger is "venustraphobia77"

feel free to message me with any questions. I'd be happy to help you out
with any questions you may have. I also have a few links for wonderful guitar
resource websites that I've come across over my years of playing that I can show you.