I know the A family chord consists of A,D,E,
D family has D, Em,G A
G faimly is G, Am, C, D, and Em
I forgot what the C family chords were.
I got those from a guitar book.

So what about B, F, E family chords?
If you mean family... you mean chords that sounds nice together then I can help you. C is also known as Am. If you were playing degrees of Cmajor chords you could solo over it with a Am pentatonic. Anyways, the family consists of: C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C.

Think of the root note (which in this case happens to be "C") as I. It follows a pattern for all keys.

I= Major
II= Minor
III= Minor
IV= Major
V=Major
VI=Minor
VII=Diminished

So this goes for any note. Let's say we want to figure out what is in the "Key of D/Bm". So we know are root note is D so,

I= Dmajor

So, what comes after D in the scale? "E".

II= Eminor

...and after E? "F#".

III= Fminor

and so on....

IV=Gmajor

V=Aminor

VI=Bminor

VII=C#Diminished

So in theory if you play those chords together (exception to diminished chord) you should be golden. Unless I made a mistake, which there is great possibility.

And let's say you don't know what sharps or flats are in a scale all you have to know is "Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle" If you are looking for what notes are in a "G" scale go down a half step to A#. So now you know you have F, C, G, D, and A as sharps.

As with flats, you go backwards "Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles Father". If you want to know what's in a Db scale you simply just flatten a D scale half a step. D, Em, F#m, G, A, Bm, C#dim, D become Db, Ebm, Fm, Gb, Ab, Bbm Cdim.

Does any of what I say make sense? To me it does, to many-- maybe not. I tried my best to put this from my brain into written form. If it helps I'm glad I could help.
Yes, you made a mistake:

D major
E minor
F# minor
G major
A major
B minor
C# diminished.

And diminished chord isn't exception. Use it right and it will sound good.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
If you mean family... you mean chords that sounds nice together then I can help you. C is also known as Am. If you were playing degrees of Cmajor chords you could solo over it with a Am pentatonic. Anyways, the family consists of: C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim, C....

...Does any of what I say make sense? To me it does, to many-- maybe not. I tried my best to put this from my brain into written form. If it helps I'm glad I could help.

Well that bit doesn't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Well that bit doesn't

C Majors relative minor is Am
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
C Majors relative minor is Am

That makes sense, however saying "C is also known as A minor" doesn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
If you were playing degrees of Cmajor chords you could solo over it with a Am pentatonic.

No you couldn't. You could use the "A min pentatonic box shape", but you would be using C major pentatonic.
Loads of misinformation in that post. Here's something else I found to sound off-kilter:

If you are looking for what notes are in a "G" scale go down a half step to A#. So now you know you have F, C, G, D, and A as sharps.

What? If you're talking about the G major scale, then you're way off. It only has F#. And I don't know why you would talk about A#, since that would require 4 sharps and 3 double-sharps, and key signatures don't accept double-sharps (I believe - someone correct me if that's wrong)
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Thanks for your valuable input

Your input is actually less valuable, considering so much of it's wrong. At least I told the truth, so get your own information straight before you try making a remark like that.