I think a lot of people refer to that as "economy picking". I do it too! It makes the sweeps easier...
so that should help instead of limit me right?

Cause I have gone through a lot of techniques, and this gives me the most speed. Its a lil harder on the accuracy but I practiced that already with it.
nice playing though, but the way your hands are set up, I'm the exact opposite. I float on skipping and rest on the bridge fro rhythm, loved the acoustic playing
LOL
Looks good, I don't alternate pick all the time I find it confusing. I just let it flow and when theres a need to alternate I do it, hope that makes sense. I guess thats economy picking like someone said earlier and pretty much how you do it. Oh and by the way, take that plastic off your humbucker pickup
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Shred-Hed
I think a lot of people refer to that as "economy picking". I do it too! It makes the sweeps easier...

That is not economy picking. Economy picking is when you go from one string to another in the same motion. For instance, if you play note on the G string with an up stroke and then move up to play an up stroke on the D string.

Anyway, that technique is not so unique. Michael Angelo uses it without problems at all.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Shred-Hed

Errmm, sweeping can't be done with anything but economy picking.