i know this girl who is bipolar, like she's officially diagnosed or something. she is really annoying and seems like anything shes says is cool and ok, but anything anybody else says is stupid and offensive. she gave me a very mean look for coughing. she has a terrible attitude about eveything! shes a real bitch.

I am bipolar as well, yet i have no problems really. when i get mad i tend to get VERY mad but it takes a lot to push me that far. She takes some kind of medicine and i don't take anything. so am i not really bipolar or is she just a really immature brat (she's about 17, i think)? or is there a large range of bipolarness, because i'm confused. i'm happy most of the time and very seldom mad. shes always pissed off
i know a girl kinda like that.....shes bipolar and stuff and very volitile...but thats when she doest take her meds....apparently not taking your meds one day makes it 1000000 times worse than never taking them
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Then you probably aren't bi-polar. BI-polar. Bi meaning 2. Polar meaning extremes of emotions. Thus, bi-polar means often switching between 2 extremes of emotions. This does not happen to you. Thus, you probably aren't bi-polar.

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the bi polar disease and therefore my opinion should not be taken as truth. This opinion was arrived at via a basic knowledge and logic.

Quote by JimmyDean73
when i get mad i tend to get VERY mad but it takes a lot to push me that far.

It takes a lot to make anyone VERY mad. Maybe you just have a bad temper.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Last edited by Godzillolz at Apr 24, 2008,
i don't take anything, i don't think i really am bipolar. because isn't it supposed to be emotional extremes, i get extremely mad but never that sad or anything........ sumtimes a little horny

although i am diagnosed with it.......

edit: i posted this after the last guy heh.
Seriously tho dude - it doesn't sound like either of you have bipolar disorder. Like, it's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but her symptoms you describe sound like a more general personality disorder than bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder involves oscillation between manic and depressive states - intense emotional highs and lows. It's not getting pissed off at people or thinking that things are offensive, it's a serious psychological problem.

And you don't sound like you have any psychological problem at all. Just a temper, dig?
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Quote by JoHNNERz
Seriously tho dude - it doesn't sound like either of you have bipolar disorder. Like, it's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but her symptoms you describe sound like a more general personality disorder than bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder involves oscillation between manic and depressive states - intense emotional highs and lows. It's not getting pissed off at people or thinking that things are offensive, it's a serious psychological problem.

And you don't sound like you have any psychological problem at all. Just a temper, dig?

i know what your saying but i have been prescirbed medication for it, though i don't take it and so has she, yet she takes her's. and when i say she gets mad when people say stuff i mean she just will go from being happy and laughing and stuff to yelling and acting like somebody punched her in the face. i'd say theres is some pretty big emotional highs and lows with her. but not so much with me. so what i'm asking is if there is a like a not so bad bipolar person and someone who has worse highs and lows? and like i said i'm usually in a great mood unless somethings really gets to me then i'll just snap
Bitchy =/= Bipolar

Tell the bitch to shut up.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
one of my friends is bipolar. She's actually really mature.
Is this girl really creative?
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
Quote by 1570-Shred
one of my friends is bipolar. She's actually really mature.
Is this girl really creative?

she writes poetry and some of its pretty good but thats about it
is creativity an indication of bipolarism?....cause the bipolar girl i know writes poetry...i do too...but im just psychotic
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by JimmyDean73
she writes poetry and some of its pretty good but thats about it

my friend writes poetry and also a lot of music too.

I've just read on the internet that they believe theres a link between bipolar and creativity. I just wanted to know if creativity was common in people with bipolar..

I read it on the internet, doesn't mean its true.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
Last edited by 1570-Shred at Apr 24, 2008,
we talked about bipolar-ism in my psychology class and like said before it's emotional highs and lows. the common misconception though is that these highs and lows are over longer periods of time...lets say just a euphoric happy for a month, then a manic depressive for a month, not happy one minute and sad the next. i know a girl like you described...happy one second then b****y the next. dude..she's just a b****.
...why?
well, the way you described, with the long periods of time, is more like me. but maybe shes just a bitchy bipolar girl???? maybe???? prehaps????
are you medically diagnosed with bipolarity too?

but well, my sister is bipolar, it's annoying at times, i think you just learn to control your mood, it might be hard for an spoiled 9 years old girl, but, she tries hard
Quote by JimmyDean73
yeah we're both diagnosed.......

you might just have it under control, girls have some weird chemical changes in their bodies, so it's easier to get them upset or really happy
Some girls are just bitches, there doesn't have to be anything causing it, it's just the way things are.
yeah i mean if she's diagnosed then i'm guessing she had a full-on exam and all. but like, the girl i'm talking about, we all thought she was bipolar until we discussed it in my class lol like we actually brought her up and everything (obviously she wasn't there) but i really don't know what to tell you. either just completely avoid her or learn what sets her off (if you can that is...still coughing? stop breathing! kidding, but you know what i mean)
...why?
Quote by Sublime Stylee
Some girls are just bitches, there doesn't have to be anything causing it, it's just the way things are.

this is true.... maybe its just her excuse?
Quote by JimmyDean73
this is true.... maybe its just her excuse?

quite possible. i've had girls tell me that they've honestly used PMS as an excuse to be b****y, even if they weren't PMSing or whatever. really lame IMO. us men have no excuses...

wait, on second thought...blue balls. but, that isn't as easy to just flat out say..hmm...
...why?
Quote by AgentHappyDay
quite possible. i've had girls tell me that they've honestly used PMS as an excuse to be b****y, even if they weren't PMSing or whatever. really lame IMO. us men have no excuses...

wait, on second thought...blue balls. but, that isn't as easy to just flat out say..hmm...

blue balls.... thats the worst, i didn't even know it was that bad or what it was really until i experienced it.
Quote by AgentHappyDay

from my experience, everytime a girls inmediatle relates their bad mood with PMS, it's probably a lie, just a counted few of them are saying the truth, and they're not that bitchy actually