hey i have a Fender MIM strat and roland microcube.........anyone know how to get tone similar to these artists with my setup (i know it's not the best rig in the world)?

SRV ?
Clapton?
David gilmour?
Hendrix?

any info is appreciated
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
wow, those are some pretty bigass tones you're aiming for. I used to have a micro cube. I'd put it on the Brit Combo modeler. put the tone at about 12-1 o'clock, set gain at around 2 or 3 o'clock, and you might get a nice hybrid of most people on your list. i suppose you can screw around with the Classic Stack setting, but i'm not really a fan of that one.

then again, remember. its hard to replicate an artists tone... you would need to have the same amps they used. and the same guitar and pickups. although you have a strat, and everyone on your list used strats for the most part, their strats are american made, have much more better quality pickups, etc.

hendrix used one of the first marshalls that came out, gilmour's main amp is a Hiwatt, i believe clapton uses a Fender Twin, and SRV mostly used fender tube amps or custom boutique amps.
micro cube cant do that you would want maybe a blues junior or a biger tube fender or maybe a tube marshall for those tones a solid state will not cut it you need a really nice tube driven amp man.... and a TS-9 never hurt eather
thanks, i'm saving for a tube amp.....probably a blues junior or maybe a blues deluxe. my other amp is a marshall MG50 and avoid using that......lol. and i know that the american strats are alot better. thanks for the info though. btw...what do all of you think of the epi valve junior (for these tones and others)?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband