Hi there, so I've been considering changing out the pickups on my Epi SG Deluxe for a while now and I've been looking around at different things, but I reckon I'm needing a little help deciding. Pups are stock at the moment.

I'm probably aiming for a tone quite close to Pete Townshend's in the early to mid 70s, and I can't decide between a set of p94s or making my own mounting rings and getting a pair of Mini Humbuckers, which could be extra-interesting for the challenge of getting them to fit.

Ofcourse I'm open to other suggestions, but otherwise, help?
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
What amp are you playing through?

Pickups aren't going to change your sound really at all unless you have a decent amp to back it up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'll have a Vox AD50VT fairly soon. I've got the money but I'm putting off buying it until after my exams for obvious reasons.

Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
I see. Well with that amp, I wouldn't even bother with pickups honestly.

I own a AD30VT and when I changed pickups on my guitars (thinking it would change the tone dramatically as many do), it really barely changed the tone. I noticed I could get more gain (since I upgraded to higher output pickups) but there was no change in the dynamics, cleans, etc.

Really a pickup change is only worth it with a nice tube amp and higher end SS amps. Anything else and it's a waste of money for as little as it'll do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com