Another thread got my attention on keylogging.

I want to know how keylogging works. What are all the ways that someone can use remote methods to gain access to your computer with a keylogger? I'm especially interested in how it's done through emails. What are some measures that I should take to prevent and block these intrusions?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
just warning you...keylogging is illegal.....eve though you probably knew that
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
TS wants to find out someones password.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec

A thread that was full of fail, yet Win, at the same time.
He basically explained in the other thread. Its not like its gonna happen, its really just a gamble.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Just don't do anything stupid like download something blindly and you'll be fine.
What's your email, I will send you a program that shows you how to key log :-D
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Wtf, he said in the post he wants to make sure that he doesn't get keylogged, not that he wants to do it.

Search google. Tons of keylogger detectors
keyloggers are installed by the user (downloading and running an exe or similar file), or installed after a remote forced entry (exploiting a network service that's on your machine)
Quote by abdulalhazred
just warning you...keylogging is illegal.....eve though you probably knew that

I'm not trying to keylog anyone. I just want to get knowledge on it so I can prevent myself from getting screwed in the future. I may have recently been keylogged because someone got into my PayPal account and used my credit card to buy things, so I'm a bit paranoid about it now. I'm fine when it comes to not downloading shady .exe's, but when someone mentioned that it can be done through just opening an email, I got worried.

Quote by mkfx
keyloggers are installed by the user (downloading and running an exe or similar file), or installed after a remote forced entry (exploiting a network service that's on your machine)

What do you mean by network service?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana