Crate BH15112 Blackheart Handsome Devil Vs. Fender Blues Junior

I play blues(SRV, John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix) Alternative(Red Hot Chili Peppers, John frusciante) Some Pop( Jack Johnson, Ben Harper)

Which do you guys feel will suit me better. Im going to be using a MIM Roadhouse Deluxe Strat with Texas Specials. Price is no issue. I want a small amp 5 to 15 watts. As i am not good enough for gigs yet anyway.

Thanks.
I think the BJ would be good for all those. May need some pedals for hendrix and frusciante
(wah, OD, fuZz)
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I'd give the Blackheart a shot, personally. Seems fun, and with a touch more versatility. No Fender 'verb, though...
I Like BJ's

yes, I do
The Blues Jr should do virtually everything you want it to do. The Blackheart isn't even out yet. I can't imagine choosing it over the Fender. And BTW, 15W is loud!

Anyway, a little more money and a little more power than you're looking for, but the Peavey Delta Blues 115 would be pretty much the perfect amp for you. When you're ready to gig, you'll really be ready, 'cause the DB will handle it no problem.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by imgooley
I Like BJ's

yes, I do

Really....hmmm

lol sorry, Just had to do it
Quote by slatsmania
The Blues Jr should do virtually everything you want it to do. The Blackheart isn't even out yet. I can't imagine choosing it over the Fender. And BTW, 15W is loud!

Anyway, a little more money and a little more power than you're looking for, but the Peavey Delta Blues 115 would be pretty much the perfect amp for you. When you're ready to gig, you'll really be ready, 'cause the DB will handle it no problem.

the blackheart is out..we have one here at the store i work at
You can gig with a 15 watt, a buddy uses his Blues Jr at a local bar and it's more than loud enough. Bigger venues he would have to mic it or bring another amp. Most of us haven't had the opportunity to try the new BH15 yet so your lucky in that regard.
The Handsome Devil does have a wattage switch .. 7/15w. Tho even 7w is going to be way loud playing in a bedroom/living room. The advantage is though you can buy the head and use better cabs than what's provided. Considering SRV, Hendrix used Marshalls and such, neither is going to get you that exact tone. The big advantage of the BJ is it's time tested, no one really knows yet how long BlackHearts will last.
Ok....So now that ive gotten some feedback...

Its down to Blues Junior NOS and Peavey Delta Blues...
What do you guys think? I can get a Delta Blues used for 500 bucks. Would you take the delta blues? What about reliablity? Is buying a slightly used Tube amp a risk?
The DB sounds great. It's 30 watts, though, if that makes any difference.
Quote by FrusMayerJunkie
Ok....So now that ive gotten some feedback...

Its down to Blues Junior NOS and Peavey Delta Blues...
What do you guys think? I can get a Delta Blues used for 500 bucks. Would you take the delta blues? What about reliablity? Is buying a slightly used Tube amp a risk?

Peavey builds a solid product, and I'm a big fan of the Delta Blues. I'd take it over the NOS BJ without hesitation.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.