|T|-|-|-|1|1|
|-|-|-|2|-|-|
|-|3|3|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|-|

T stands for thumb (obviously). Is this a horrible thing to do? 'Cause I think it is.
its not horrible but mabey a little unpractical when it comes to chord changing and it looks wierd OK it is bad
umm i dont think its bad..i do it too every once in a while. i've also noticed that the singer/guitarist of rx-bandits does it (and a bunch of other people)...and he's phenomenal so therefore, it can't be bad. as long as you are comfortable
Nah, alot of people play like that. John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers plays like that and besides, it gives you more note options and flexibility.
Scriggle scriggle! BOOM BOW CHAKA CHAKA SHOMP!
Thats how Jimi played...so its fine
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix amp
Gibson Les Paul
Fender MIA Strat (soon with SeymourD. Pearly Gates humbucker)
---------------------------------

The chicken obviously came before the egg....of course I only say that because I hate eggs.
I don't use it to fret, but sometimes i'll mute with my thumb, John Frusciante mentioned something bout muting with the fretting hand and fingers as well as with the picking one, w/e gets the job done. Again it might slow down chord transitions and cause more fatigue cause of hand movement, but thats nit picky stuff
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
You should keep doing it like that when it's convenient, but learn the other way for versatility. Your current approach will slow you down if that's the only way you can do it. Besides, being able to bar all strings with any finger is useful.
hendrix had such long fingers that he sometimes fretted both the E and A strings with his thumb.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
If its working for you, thats all that matters
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Pikka Bird
You should keep doing it like that when it's convenient, but learn the other way for versatility. Your current approach will slow you down if that's the only way you can do it. Besides, being able to bar all strings with any finger is useful.

Exactly. Learn to do both ways, cos otherwise you'll be fcked when it comes to other barre shapes.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.