For or against?
I'm definitely against.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Yes. The olympics are a curse upon this earth!
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
The fact that it's costs the UK billions to prepare for 2012, which leads to the government increasing taxes to pay for it = I'm against olympics in general.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
I hate how they have turned this into political nonsense. I'm against what it's turned into, but not the Olympics itself. The Olympics is supposed to be a time where all the countries put aside their differences.
You dont think that basic human rights should by given to those people in Tibet? China has too much controversy going on at the moment, and I don't think they deserve to hold the olympics with what they're doing to Tibet.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Of course I hate what their doing to Tibet, and they shouldn't have been eligible for holding the Olympics, but I hate when things like the Olympics turn into nothing but politics.
Not against the Olympics, but against this one. China does not deserve the Olympics because of their poor track record with human rights.

EDIT: I reckon they should've moved these Olympics to somewhere else instead of going ahead and causing international political arguments and such
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by donkey the wise
You dont think that basic human rights should by given to those people in Tibet? China has too much controversy going on at the moment, and I don't think they deserve to hold the olympics with what they're doing to Tibet.

Christ. Lets just take away Chinas right to breath. Problem solved. This protest stuff is stupid.

Protesters are NOT doing anything. Im sure China couldnt give a crap...

EDIT:I am against the whole Chinese/Tibet thing. But im just saying that protest wont do anything.
Quote by the_poison125
Christ. Lets just take away Chinas right to breath. Problem solved. This protest stuff is stupid.

Protesters are NOT doing anything. Im sure China couldnt give a crap...

EDIT:I am against the whole Chinese/Tibet thing. But im just saying that protest wont do anything.

Yea, I doubt one day the ruler of CHina is going to watch this on TV and go "You know what? Their right, I have been a bad person. You're free to go Tibet."

Damn hippies.
because of all that **** it will probably be bombed and **** but IMO theres no need to drag politics into sport
There are a ton of Beijing Olympic Threads. Please search next time.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm sure China couldn't give a crap! But if The UN and something like Amnesty Internation do then I'm sure they could make a difference. China have rights, but like anybody/anything else it also has responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to not impede on anyone else's rights. they don't respect human rights, so we shouldn't respect them hosting an important worldwide event.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Quote by donkey the wise

Theres a difference between being pro bejing olympics and pro Chinese politics
That's why I said they shouldn't have been eligible for holding them. Since they ARE, however, I don't think we should turn it into a political battle.
It is not all of chinas fault. It was/is there governments fault not the country's.

Should we not allow americans to host the olympics because of Iraq?

Germany? I mean Nazi Germany did kill thousands of jews...

See were im going here?
I think us respecting China's rights to holding the olympics isn't going to help anything. If we are able to make a difference by not respecting those rights (unlikely yes, but something should still be done) then why don't we turn it into a political battle?
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's why I said they shouldn't have been eligible for holding them. Since they ARE, however, I don't think we should turn it into a political battle.

Indeed, besides boycotting the next biggest super power doesn't do anyone any favours in the long run.
Quote by the_poison125
It is not all of chinas fault. It was/is there governments fault not the country's.

Should we not allow americans to host the olympics because of Iraq?

Germany? I mean Nazi Germany did kill thousands of jews...

See were im going here?

The only way to get to the chinese authority is by making this a political battle, and if we can get chinese citizens on our side we will have a better chance of making a difference.

And The U.S aren't hosting the olympics. If they were there would be massive controversy just like this. It would just be limited in the western world.

And Germany? That was in the 1930s/40s?!?!?!? how is that relevant in today's society?
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Quote by Rocking-Rob
Indeed, besides boycotting the next biggest super power doesn't do anyone any favours in the long run.

so you're basically kissing a$$ cos it might help in the long run?
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Quote by Rocking-Rob

I don't think China will care about whether a country attended their olympics when they start invading other countries. Seriously, I think in the next 20 years, China will start a world war.

But that aside, I'm interested to see the track times for athletes in these olympics. I predict they will be lower than usual because of the massive pollution.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by Rocking-Rob
Indeed, besides boycotting the biggest super power doesn't do anyone any favours in the long run.

FIXED.

They were chosen to hold the olympics ten or so years ago, before this whole tibet thing happened...

I'm against beijing olympics mainly because of china's environmental (lack of) policy and the tibet situation.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
If the whole idea of the olympics is epace why are we letting a country that is overstepping its boundaries and breaching basic human rights on a neighbouring country hold it?
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Jeez, there's nothing wrong with the ****ING OLYMPICS. If you really care about the Tibetans then I should have seen you on the ****ing news years ago.
Quote by hugh20
WW3 here we come.

Yeah, its happening just like the first one.
Quote by donkey the wise
If the whole idea of the olympics is epace why are we letting a country that is overstepping its boundaries and breaching basic human rights on a neighbouring country hold it?

Like I said quite a few times, I don't know why, I don't think they should have been eligible. But they ARE holding it, it is too late to revoke their rights to hold it, and we should go about this peacefully.

Ok new rule. If the athletes competing want to boycott it, fine. If you aren't competing, you have no say.