For the Australians out there... Or anyone whos bothered to read this

Poll: Eureka.. Yes or no?
Poll Options
View poll results: Eureka.. Yes or no?
YES! When injustice becomes law resisitence becomes duty!
11 27%
No! God save the queen!
14 34%
Dude... I just.. Don't care... Geez
16 39%
Voters: 41.
Well after the thread by rynamo-dynamo about his dinner I got to thinking.. With the whole 20 20 summit and the apparent proposal of Australia becoming a republic, I was wondering if we were to become a republic how many of you would support the idea of the Eureka flag becoming our national flag?

EDIT: Ok... Fixed it up...
Attachments:
images.jpg
Last edited by NothingButRock at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by NothingButRock
Well after the thread by rynamo-dynamo about his dinner I got to thinking.. With the whole 20 20 summit and the apparent proposal of Australia becoming a republic, I was wondering if we were to become a republic how many of you would support the idea of the Eureka flag becoming our national flag?

(Invalid img)

That? Yeah im against it. that flag is gay.
I think we should keep the Union Jack

^don`t worry dude, I still don`t know how to get them up
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
we should get the ****en boxin kangaroo that things badass

Ohhhhhh, yeah
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
I see no reason to leave the commonwealth. They are not impeding on us in any way, and with Australia's culture going up in smokes with the ridiculous amounts of forgeigners (I'm not saying ship them away) we need to hold on to what our culture has been for 300 odd years.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by donkey the wise
I see no reason to leave the commonwealth. They are not impeding on us in any way, and with Australia's culture going up in smokes with the ridiculous amounts of forgeigners (I'm not saying ship them away) we need to hold on to what our culture has been for 300 odd years.

Well the Eureka flag is part of Australian culture
If someone can give three worth while reasons for a change, then sure, why not.
No point in becoming independent just for the hell of it...
Too much stuff to change, stuff costs money, money that could be better spent on important things that affect our day to day lives.
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Eugh, that flag's horrible.
We should at least have one native animal (i.e Queensland's bikini girls) on our flag.
why not keep the flag u have, but minus the union jack...put something else in the corner, like a pair of handcuffs or something...
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
Yeah, we should have a flag shaped like a bikini girl from bondi and a the southern cross on her. That's supreme.
lol ididnt read that first post, thought u were talking bout eureka stockade.i vote yes.

but now i read it and i DO NOT want the eureka flag as our flag, it looks gay. make a competition out of it
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote by TreeFiddy
If someone can give three worth while reasons for a change, then sure, why not.
No point in becoming independent just for the hell of it...
Too much stuff to change, stuff costs money, money that could be better spent on important things that affect our day to day lives.

Just like the millions of dollars spent for the Olympic torch to pass through Canberra lol... It's sad isn't it? To think the money could have gone towards something constructive..
"When injustice becomes law resisitence becomes duty!"

hurr?

edit: that flag is pretty ugly. Before I put my glasses on I thought it was a ripoff of the Scottish flag.
Quote by donkey the wise

I'm sure australia has one of the strictest immigration policies of any first world country.
3 reasons to change:
1. As a Commonwealth, we're technically still Britain's bitch.
2. Why should we be run by a monarchy that's at the other side of the world?
3. We get to decide the head of state if the country adopts a similar system like the U.S where we vote on a president.

P.S. I'd pick either the Eureka flag or get something new.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Needs more Stevie Irwin, Corey Worthington and the Croc Hunter.
irwin and croc hunter are one and the same...
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
i like our current flag to be honest, i say keep that or maybe put something else in place of the union jack

EDIT: My Proposal
Attachments:
australia-flag.jpg
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Apr 24, 2008,
Meh...It's not like we see the Queen every night on tele or anything....

And this way we get to compete in the commonwealth games.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
It was a pretty stupid rebellion that had no chance of working, but the flag is cooler than our current one. Except they did say every time in the past if we become a republic we arnt changing the flag.