Howdy UG!

I've come to realize that my next guitar gear upgrade will probably be a new amp. My current one is solid state, and I'm looking for a good tube amp. I'm torn between two at the moment:

Randall RG50TC (50w)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

Peavey Valveking 112 (also 50w)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

I play mostly metal btw.

Which one would you guys suggest?
I say the Randall. It's an overall better amp in my opinion. Especially for metal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Randall. I'd take my solid-state Randall over the Valveking. The Randalls are pretty good.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
The Valveking is a very hollow sounding amp, I do not recomend it.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
The Randall is fully tubed (it has preamp and poweramp tubes). I'd go with Randall since you play mostly metal - some people argue you can't get metal distortion with the VK. Some people say you can, but since some people say you can't, it means it doesn't fulfill everyones metal-definition.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
That's cool Fama. Maybe the specs I was reading didn't have all the details and maybe that is why I did not put it in my short list.

This is what I saw:
2 EL34EH power tubes

So, i assumed it had solid state for preamp which in my mind makes it a Hybrid. You guys have probably played thru it though and that is more important than what I am reading yo.

;
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Randall if you don't use cleans.

I do, just not very often. And to the guy who said VKs can't get metal distortion, I have a Boss Metal Core pedal, so gaining more distortion by running it through its clean channel shouldn't be too much of a problem.
^Thanks Fama for taking that to the next step. I was only going off of the musiciansfriend url posted at top so thanks for keeping me honest.

and in general, i think we are discussing these amps without pedals. obviously if you add a disto pedal in you will get disto out.

;
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^Thanks Fama for taking that to the next step. I was only going off of the musiciansfriend url posted at top so thanks for keeping me honest.

and in general, i think we are discussing these amps without pedals. obviously if you add a disto pedal in you will get disto out.

It's weird, first I went to Thomann.de, but they also only mentioned the power tubes. Oh well.

The VK with something like a Bad Monkey is good - and the Bad Monkey only costs like 40-50 dollars. So that's one idea you could consider.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.