Hey.

Im looking for amps still and im trying to find something that can get an Eric Johnson/Joe bonnamassa style "Violn" tone (not trying to sound like a violin i mean there tones but do not recomend a boss slow gear or volume pedal, that is not what i mean). To add to that i would like a keith richards type of rythem sound (like on shine a light or live lick)

Now i know Joe and Eric use marshall amps for there tones and Keef uses Fender tweeds and bassmans (bassmen?) and im also trying to get a very nice clean sound (fender or hiwatt type cleans) think David Gilmour type sounds.

Now after research I found that orange rockers have very Plexi - ish sounds and can sound like a Hiwatt clean, if this is true then this amp is defently for me but what about the Keith richards tones? will that be able to get that? I head that Hiwatts sound like Tweeds when cranked so if a hiwatt sounds like a Tweed and an orange sounds like a Hiwatt then does the Orange amp on the clean channel sound like a Fender 57 or tweed amp?

If not what other amps would be good for my needs? I Was thinking about buying two pedals that each sound like marshall and fender amps and using them infront of a clean amp such as a hiwatt or fender style amp to get the sounds im looking for.

Budget is 500pounds for the head a bit higher for a combo if need be but dont really want to have to spend loads of money and would prefer just one amp because of transportability.
Quote by hendrixfanatic
There is also a Boss/Fender Bassman pedal, which should sound like a bassman amp. Maybe you should try that one out with the orange. Which guitar do you use?

That pedal is a modeler and really doesn't sound much like the Bassman. The Peavey Classic 30/50 is modeled after a Bassman, if you want to look into those.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Peavey classics are incredibly versatile and have a great range of tones.
I could pull off a halfway convincing EJ tone with it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I love Oranges as well, but I've heard scary things about quality control.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
That pedal is a modeler and really doesn't sound much like the Bassman. The Peavey Classic 30/50 is modeled after a Bassman, if you want to look into those.

I could have sworn they were "supposed" to sound like AC30's, from the drawing board, but didn't, in typical Peavey fashion.
Last edited by the.spine.surfs at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by The_0thersid3
How so? im not questioning you i just want to get all the facts.

2 separate channels with their own eqs make it more tweakable. On the natural channel on the rocker, you can only turn the volume up, with the AD30, you can adjust the eq to get closer to the sound you want.