Any good tennis racquet and shoes you would recommand? Not too expensive. I'm looking value for money.

The shoes by Adidas a3 accelerator seem very nice, what do u think?
Yonex seems slightly cheaper and okay as well.
I'm always wearing K-swiss but I think it varies for every one What sort of raquet to you play with? Light/heavy?
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Hot_Money420
You actually play that Nerd!

Fail.

Dunlop M-fil's are quite cheap and many people swear by them. As far as clothing goes, I just wear shorts, shirt, joggers. I like to wear sunnies too when serving.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by yan_kong
Any good tennis racquet and shoes you would recommand? Not too expensive. I'm looking value for money.

The shoes by Adidas a3 accelerator seem very nice, what do u think?
Yonex seems slightly cheaper and okay as well.

I enjoy Wilson's offerings, since my feet are quite big and appreciate the support. K Swisses are quite good too.

As for racquets, I'm enjoying the Prince NXG Mid Plus. It's a classic, and extremely heavy, which means that I can handle heavy forehands (and deliver them too) and serve quite well as well (too light and it's likely to twist and your shots are not as precise). I highly recommend Wilson's NXG strings...they just feel so good.

Seriously, though, you need to test out equipment, especially shoes. Our advice, or the recommendations of Tennis Magazine, can only go so far. If you buy the wrong racquet, you'll be easily frustrated by the sport. If you buy the wrong shoe, it'll feel really bad running or worse, you'll twist something.

Also, since I'm guessing you're a beginner, try some light to mid-weight racquets, but I suggest going a bit heavier and less powerful than you like as you'll soon get used to it.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Apr 24, 2008,
i play state level tennis, and let me tell you - if youre paying under $100 for the shoes, youre just buying a cross trainer. put in the extra $50 - $100 and buy a pair of wilson's. they're what i use, and they're worth it.

edit:
sorry, for the racquet, you should go with either prince, wilson or head. i use a prince, and in my opinion they're the best, but wilson are nice too.

it depends what you want:
prince give lots of control and take away from the power. if you have a strong arm and can belt the crap out of the ball, these are for you. they'll let you hit it hard, but you'll have the control to put it in the court.

head give lots of power, but they sacrifice a lot of control.

wilson are sort of in the middle, but are probably more on the power side of things.

yonex.... in my opinion, these are just crap. some people like them though, so whatever.

fisher are rising in the market. they have some good racquets out, but ive found that they're mainly geared towards coaches.

dunlop - dont even think about getting a dunlop....

hope that helps
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by yan_kong
euh.. I would prefer light...

I thought light was better than heavy

Non of them are better, it just depends on what you like
I had a Prince for quite some time, still keep it as a reserve it was really light and I really liked it Now I play a Head squidmetal or something like that I really love it and I'm not planning on changing!
i never knew wilson made shoes

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Thecla
Non of them are better, it just depends on what you like
I had a Prince for quite some time, still keep it as a reserve it was really light and I really liked it Now I play a Head squidmetal or something like that I really love it and I'm not planning on changing!
i never knew wilson made shoes

wilson make the best shoes
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by instagata0
wilson make the best shoes

How good are they compared to k-swiss? Because I really like them so I wonder if wilson shoes are realy that much better..

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Thecla
How good are they compared to k-swiss? Because I really like them so I wonder if wilson shoes are realy that much better..

k-swiss are nice shoes. the advantage of wilson is that they make them differently to other shoes. where most shoes assume that youre going to be doing all this tough running, wilson make their shoes like gloves, almost. they're very flexible and thin. i cant think of any reason why you would like any shoe better.

k-swiss are built to take a bit more, and lets face it - with tennis, you really dont need it. they come with extra weight and less flex.

they're not bad though, they just have that little bit of unnecessary inconvenience.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I did play tennis before for a short time, but yeah, I'm a beginner.

I had a moderately heavy rac and my tutor had a very light one.
When I played with his, it's like I had to do less effort to do the same action. Maybe because of the strings...

the k-swiss are like 50 bucks cheaper than wilson. 50 aussie dollar

for shoes, I did not really pay attention while I played before... lol

looks like prince will be a good one to choose...

I'll go try some soon. Thx for your advice.
Appreciated
Quote by instagata0

it depends what you want:
prince give lots of control and take away from the power. if you have a strong arm and can belt the crap out of the ball, these are for you. they'll let you hit it hard, but you'll have the control to put it in the court.

head give lots of power, but they sacrifice a lot of control.

wilson are sort of in the middle, but are probably more on the power side of things.

There's no way you can generalise the power/ control of a raquet by which brand its made by.
Or for that matter, condemn a brand. Dunlop do make some well balanced racquets that are used by champions. Again, it comes down to demoing a racquet in a real-world situation, or at least under heavy ball-machine use.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101