After posting a wanted ad on Craigslist for a 1x12/2x12 cab, I got a few responses with some different specs:

$160 - 1x12 Rocktron Velocity with a Celestion G12T-100 (not crazy about the shape, but tone is more of an issue)
$200- 2x12 Line 6 Flextone 212S, not sure what the speakers are.
$200- 2x12 Peavey with two Celestion Lead 80s.

Which of these would be the best for a crunchy metal tone, with good bass/mids and a decent amount of clarity? Or, alternatively, should I hold out and see what else pops up? My max budget is $300, if at all possible. My rig is in my signature.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
The first one seems better. Should be good for heavier sounds, if that's what you want.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'd go for the Peavey. The speakers inside are pretty good. What type of Peavey cab is it?
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Zero_Mike
I'd go for the Peavey. The speakers inside are pretty good. What type of Peavey cab is it?

He didn't specify - is there any specific Peavey 2x12 I should look for or avoid?
Axe-FX Standard
just an idea...
get a used marshall mg dfx type of amp (people shoul be giving these away for almost nothing because they are so S*^%
throw away the amp and the speaker

buy a brand new celestion something with a low rating because the tiny terror only has a small output..;( 100w speaker will need more power to drive properly) (vintage 30 or something)

if you want a closed back cabinet buy some plywood .. presto.....
Quote by DrNick
He didn't specify - is there any specific Peavey 2x12 I should look for or avoid?

I dunno, I'd probably avoid any Peavey cab with the stock speakers, but since this one is loaded with Celestions, you should be in pretty good shape.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by plbrynt
just an idea...
get a used marshall mg dfx type of amp (people shoul be giving these away for almost nothing because they are so S*^%
throw away the amp and the speaker

buy a brand new celestion something with a low rating because the tiny terror only has a small output..;( 100w speaker will need more power to drive properly) (vintage 30 or something)

if you want a closed back cabinet buy some plywood .. presto.....

Funny thing about that - Sam Ash tried to sell me an MG 4x12 yesterday for $280. Figure I might as well give the stuff on Craigslist a shot, seeing as how it's cheaper and probably of better quality right off the bat
Axe-FX Standard
lol it was just a thought but you definately want a speaker or a pair thats rated at no more than 50W