ive been playing for about three years now, and i started to solo about 6 monthes ago, but it seems like my fingers don't move fast enugh, do you have any exercises or riffs, solos out there that can help me. its just like my hand doesn't want to go any faster than what its going right now.
thx
It just takes practice and time. Play guitar a lot, and maybe work through Rock Discipline or Steve Vai's 10-hour Workout.
Quote by blue_strat
It just takes practice and time. Play guitar a lot, and maybe work through Rock Discipline or Steve Vai's 10-hour Workout.

+1 on the Vai workout! There are a bunch of exercises I use in that.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
If your fingers dont move fast enough its because you didnt practice slow enough. I am no pro by any means but i found an efficent practice method that helps me.
1 break your solo down into small parts dont try the whiole thing at once
2 before anything determin what fingerings and picking is the most comfortable/efficient way.
3 start slowly working at a rediculusly slow speed and memorize the notes and how u will pick and finger them
4 build up speed with metronome or guitar pro playing slower than u can play perfectly and slowly increase speed.
it will seem boring and wastefull at first but then u will say hey my fingers have a mind of there own and they will just do what they do and u wont have to use ur brain they will become automatic.
if u know a way around this to do it faster let me know
Play slower with a metronome it cant be stated enough

When you think your playing slow enough slow it down some more.

I have been practicing with a metronome for a long time so i usually dont play that slow any more unless im working on a new technique, but when i first started i played everything at 60 bpm then slowly worked my way faster. It takes awhile but the results are amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join