I heard that very soon Bugera will be installing their OWN brand of tubes into their amplifiers and that their brand of tubes are quite good! Anybody know anything more about this? (Sorry I have no link, I forgot where I read it)
I thought they had their own brand of tubes in their amplifiers? Well, the stock tubes are pretty bad I believe, so if they're gonna put better ones in, all the better.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I heard that very soon Bugera will be installing their OWN brand of tubes into their amplifiers and that their brand of tubes are quite good! Anybody know anything more about this? (Sorry I have no link, I forgot where I read it)

they already make there own tubes and put them in there amps. look up their website Bugera tubes

the tubes are not that bad, i just perfer somthing with more "hmph" you know? i put in 4 high gain ECC83Ss in V1-V4, 1 standandard ECC83S inV5 and 1 balanced ECC83S in the phase inverter slot ,V6 all JJ electronic tubes from eurotubes.com. all those are my preamp tubes. the power tubes are actually pretty good.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Last edited by AndyRevenge at Apr 24, 2008,
I doubt that Bugera managed to build a vacum tube factory without anyone noticing. I imagine they, like everyone, re-brand Sovteks or nameless Chinese tubes.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I doubt that Bugera managed to build a vacum tube factory without anyone noticing. I imagine they, like everyone, re-brand Sovteks or nameless Chinese tubes.

Umm, isn't everyone making their tubes in one of those factories? Could be the same thing.
Quote by Lunchbox362
I had my tech up the street do some digging...Bugera tubes are rebadged Sovteks
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Fama
Umm, isn't everyone making their tubes in one of those factories? Could be the same thing.

JJ isn't and Winged-C (Svetlana) isn't, to name two.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
JJ isn't and Winged-C (Svetlana) isn't, to name two.

My bad, I thought I had read from the tube sticky that there's only 2 factories left or something. At least that explains why those tubes are pretty highly regarded.

Edit:
Quote by Bloodshed

Not very surprising. But I guess they're not that bad then.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama

Not very surprising. But I guess they're not that bad then.

He didn't say they were good sovteks that were rebadged.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Bloodshed

Damn. i have never really been a fan of Sovteks. but they are better then some. Groove Tubes are crap IMO. ive always used JJ electronics, at least they make there own.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

^Groove tubes are usually sovteks too. Sovtek is pretty much the bottom of the barrel except for chinese tubes, and most good sites don't even carry those.

Bugera is pretty full of crap. They list 12AX7s and ECC83s as "American" and "British" voiced, even though it's the same tube. Then you can choose between "quiet," "low noise," "super low noise," and "ultra low noise."

I won't be buying any of these anytime soon.
Wow, great info everyone. What would be the best tubes to re-tube a 6262 head with then, JJ's I guess? Opinions?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Wow, great info everyone. What would be the best tubes to re-tube a 6262 head with then, JJ's I guess? Opinions?

More than half the time, I prefer JJ tubes. They're a bit darker than others, which makes it nice for metal chugging and stuff. I also prefer a darker tone too, so that's why I like them also.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
JJ's, but if you want you could also try Tung Sol in the preamp.

By the way..this would be where you can find "european" and "russian" 12ax7 type tubes.

http://www.dougstubes.com/12ax7.html

Apparently the difference is in the plates from what I understand.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Apr 24, 2008,
yes. def. JJ tubes

this is site that i buy my JJ tubes from. they are really helpfulEuro Tubes
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Hi Andy! Have you by chance re-tubed your 6262 combo yet? How does it sound plain stock? I won't have my 6262 half stack until about next Thur. or Fri. I am curious as to how the stock tubes are/sound.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Hi Andy! Have you by chance re-tubed your 6262 combo yet? How does it sound plain stock? I won't have my 6262 half stack until about next Thur. or Fri. I am curious as to how the stock tubes are/sound.

hey man. yeah i retubed my preamp section with JJs about a month ago. i wanted a lil more gain in my preamp but without being to noisey, so Jay at Eurotubes hooked me up with a set of Hi-gain JJ ECC83Ss.

in V1-V4 i have the Hi gain JJ ECC83Ss
in V5 i have a standard JJ ECC83S
and in V6(phase inverter) i have a ballanced Hi-gain JJ ECC83S

i'll tell you in made a world of difference. costs me $80 for those 6 tubes. you can email them and tell them what kind of amp you have and what kinda tone you are looking for and they(jay or Eddie) will email you back telling you what tubes they think you need in there.

i get more gain, with a smoother tone, low end, and im thinking about replaceing the power amp tubes with some JJ 6L6GCs from them as well
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

the stock 6L6s are not bad at all sound better at high volume i think

the preamp tubes is what i really didn't care to much, but they have decent tone and warmth to them. i mean it shreds totally with the factory tubes, but sound better with a new set.

but i would change them preamp tubes
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate