Ok, so my sister walks into my room
I've got "Start Something" by Lostprophets playing on my CD player, it's on one of the more metal tracks

So she just walks in and sits down, like she always does because she probably has something to say to me, but often she just wants to nick my computer to go on **** internet games. She then hears what's playing and says "that's not proper metal! that's not screaming! he's just going (at this point she does some stupid sounding "aaaahhhh" stuff which makes her sound like a 5 year old) it's only proper metal if you're ACTUALLY screaming"
I then reply with "god you just don't get it do you?"
so then she just keeps going on about the same bull**** she was going on about to start off with and then buggers off.

It really pissed me off, because she just got a bullet for my valentine album (what i think is her only metal album) she seems to think she knows everything about metal, and she's always seemed to think she knows everything about music because she always listens to the radio and finds out about all the "hit new bands!"

What do you think about this? it REALLY annoying me because she was basically saying that all music should be exactly the same to fit one particular genre and that all bands should write **** that all sounds the same.

Thanks, sorry for all the swearing, just really peed off
Andrew
Quote by archerygenious
Ok, so my sister walks into my room
I've got "Start Something" by Lostprophets playing on my CD player, it's on one of the more metal tracks

So she just walks in and sits down, like she always does because she probably has something to say to me, but often she just wants to nick my computer to go on **** internet games. She then hears what's playing and says "that's not proper metal! that's not screaming! he's just going (at this point she does some stupid sounding "aaaahhhh" stuff which makes her sound like a 5 year old) it's only proper metal if you're ACTUALLY screaming"
I then reply with "god you just don't get it do you?"
so then she just keeps going on about the same bull**** she was going on about to start off with and then buggers off.

It really pissed me off, because she just got a bullet for my valentine album (what i think is her only metal album) she seems to think she knows everything about metal, and she's always seemed to think she knows everything about music because she always listens to the radio and finds out about all the "hit new bands!"

What do you think about this? it REALLY annoying me because she was basically saying that all music should be exactly the same to fit one particular genre and that all bands should write **** that all sounds the same.

Thanks, sorry for all the swearing, just really peed off
Andrew

Sorry buddy. Neither would be considered metal in the Metal forums. BFMV has more of a chance though than Lostprophets. Check the Metal recommendations thread in the Metal forum if you want to know what Metal is.
BFMV is in no way shape or form Metal.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
while start something is a decent pop-rock album its definatly not metal.
and while BFMV suck... be happy she's atleast listning to guitar music and not high school musical.
BFMV is Metalcore, not metal. Lostprophets is not metal. Show her Dimmu Borgir, THAT is metal.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Vittu0666
Sorry buddy. Neither would be considered metal in the Metal forums. BFMV has more of a chance though than Lostprophets. Check the Metal recommendations thread in the Metal forum if you want to know what Metal is.

+1
/.....The Pit??

WTF?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
She's 16.
And that's what I'm saying, it isn't even supposed to be metal! it just has a slight metal influence.
And she doesn't listen to high school ****ing musical stuff no, but she does listen to loads of annoying indie stuff which i hate
Lol, I think she's mixed up screamo with metal. :p
Just lock her in a small room with real metal music playing all the time so she gets the point.
Quote by LazySandman
f

the time has come (lol, get it?)

Gabel istheshit!
(But I is moar shitz!)
Your sister seems to have a better understanding of metal than you do, so... not annoying. You seem to have a misunderstanding, particularly considering a song by Lostprophets to be metal influenced. Why, distortion and mildly aggressive?
Quote by Cookiebar
Lol, I think she's mixed up screamo with metal. :p
Just lock her in a small room with real metal music playing all the time so she gets the point.

Lol. Yeah. Just blare Behemoth for 24 hours straight. That'll learn her.
Is there a point to this thread? or even a reason its in MT? Unless its going to turn into a 4chan-esque copypasta thing...

Should I be reporting this?
Quote by demonofthenight
Is there a point to this thread? or even a reason its in MT? Unless its going to turn into a 4chan-esque copypasta thing...

Should I be reporting this?

Yes, this is copypasta, my /b/ sense is tingling.
Call me Batman.