i know i want to get a jb for the neck but cant decide between a super distortoin or a 59. i play arch emeny, napalm deth and some spirtual beggers and maiden so help me please
get an emg, for metal they produce great sounds. seymour duncan are good but you need them professionally instealed incase you **** up.
bare knuckle pick ups are the most expensive but they do have the best sound to them ever.
Actives are the way to go if you want death metal. EMGS or Seymour Duncan Blackouts,

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yer im a big fan of the 85 and 81. but if u dont have room for the battery or dont wanna get it routed out of your guitar the HZ4 give bascially the same sound but without the battery.
i was wanting to goo passive because i was hearing active fudge up ur sound on ss, is that true i got a roland micro cube,but soon goin to get a bugera 6262
never heard anything bad about active apart from the fact when the battery goes low you lose like all gain from them but its just getting your sound use to them. passives are the way to go i use them in my esp and there actually mad.
Quote by valennic
Actives are the way to go if you want death metal. EMGS or Seymour Duncan Blackouts,

+1 times 1000
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
Dont go active. Dimarzio X2n sound better. Dimarzio D activator X are the best. They are really high gain, and do cleans really well, and sound much more organic than any active pickup I have tried. I do like the EMG 81/85 sound, but its just a little cold.
i am goin to guitar center today any guitars that would have stock d-activaters?
the emg 81/60 combo is quite capable for what your looking for. The 60 is very smooth and the cleans arn't to bad. i have the 81/85 combo and they sound ballsey to say the least.
I was referring to the D activator X and not the regular D activators. The ones with the X have the high output of the X2n pickups, with the abiliy for cleans of the D activators. The non X d activators are great too, the ibanez neckthrough icemans have the D activators. I dont think any guitar will have the D activator X since they are rather new o the market. I took the chance and installed them in one of my guitars and i love them. They are the best i got for metal.
Quote by mike20mrb
i know i want to get a jb for the neck but cant decide between a super distortoin or a 59. i play arch emeny, napalm deth and some spirtual beggers and maiden so help me please

You don't want a JB for the neck period, if you meant bridge then fair enough, you might want one but arguably there's better choices. Following on from that you certainly don't want a Super Distortion in the neck either.

I reckon Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge with a Paf Pro or indeed a Duncan 59 in the neck.

I doubt you'll get any great benefit from actives.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
every time someone say emgs as a stock answer to metal soun i want to vomit.

a duncan distortion/jb combo would be a very intersting fit and sound, not cliche as hell like the emgs (which sound lifeless to me...just good for good disortion but it has no kick or life to it).

the 59 might not work very well as a bridge pickup since it's lower output than the JB

try the duncan distortion, probally will make you a happy camper
Quote by steven seagull
You don't want a JB for the neck period, if you meant bridge then fair enough, you might want one but arguably there's better choices. Following on from that you certainly don't want a Super Distortion in the neck either.

I reckon Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge with a Paf Pro or indeed a Duncan 59 in the neck.

I doubt you'll get any great benefit from actives.

dave mustaine used a jb in the neck (and bridge) for years before he used the jazz, and a lot of guys i know use jb's in the neck and they sound awesome, dont knock it till you try it.

i have a super disto in the neck of one of my guitars that was stolen and it gives a really unique soloing sound.
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
Last edited by Oudy at Apr 24, 2008,
Mustaines pickups are perfect for Deth metal.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)