I've decided on getting some sort of bugera 333, they seem like excellent value for money. However, I cant decide between the two versions. Are the extra features on the XL worth the extra money?

Also does anyone know of a cheapish attenuator to go with them, I don't know if this is necessary or not as i'm not planning on cranking it but will need it at a reasonably low volume for bedroom practice.

Im also looking at 212 cabs, but i don't know any decent brands in the uk. Is there a UK based company which is similar to avatar cabs? of course i could go for the 212 combo version of the amp but i expect that will be more difficult to transport.

Please help!!
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
can i ask you where your buying it from cause i cant find any where in england whos selling them yet.
erm for cabs look at marshall if you just want something cheap. laney,peavey are obvious to go for if you want good quality but havent got much money to spend. and if your loaded getta mesa 2x12 cause they handle the gain and stay really clear and crisp.
You can get them from Thomann.de I believe. I think Framus cabs are good (and rather cheap)? Not sure tho.

What extras does the XL have? Noise gate? And how much more does it cost?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah im buying from Thomann.de, they list the XL as £407, available at short notice and the 333 at £367 and in stock.

I've had a look at some cabs around the £200 range, this is what i found:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_gs212ie.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_mc212.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_v212bn.htm
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Apr 24, 2008,
dont no what extra stuff it has i was just wondering.
thanks for the website btw
I thought out of those cabs, the wattages are:

Framus 100W
Laney 160W
Marshall 130W
Vox 60W

So only the Laney and Marshall have enough wattage for the 120 watt head?

Anyway, I think the differences are the XL switches for each channel and the noise gate. Are those worth 40£? It's really up to you. I'm not sure what the XL switches do tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Surely a 100w cab would be fine if I didn't use max. volume on the head? I like the specs of the Framus best.

I haven't seen anyone posting here about the 333, only the XL, so is there anyone here who owns/has tested either of these amps
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Apr 24, 2008,
Meh, I don't know, I guess it would be fine. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Just reading the specs on the Bugera website and I noticed the 333 comes with 6L6's but the XL has EL34's

I think the EL34's would be more suitable for me.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Oh right, I forgot that, they come with different tubes stock. But you can change the tubes if you want, of course.
Quote by Lunchbox362
k im proper into lookin at these amps now but i dont no which one is better to get.
i play sorta hardcore/metal somewhere between blessthefall and drop dead gorgeous. i want to get a proper gd clean sound out of it because i use my metal muff for gain so the gain channel probs wont be used tat much.
what one would be better the 333 or the 6262.
or should i get an ashdown fallen angel???
I was looking at these a while back. But I wouldn't recommend them. They break down on everyone :/
Untitled001 - They break down on everyone? EVERYONE? You just made a complete ass of yourself with that comment. Fail.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Apr 24, 2008,
Quote by Untitled001
I was looking at these a while back. But I wouldn't recommend them. They break down on everyone :/

Have you actually talked to some one who had one break? Or are you just going on hearsay that people have mentions behringer doesn't have the best quality control in the world?

Not to troll you though; I'm just wondering.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
Have you actually talked to some one who had one break? Or are you just going on hearsay that people have mentions behringer doesn't have the best quality control in the world?

Not to troll you though; I'm just wondering.

Andy(kurdtkobaign) works for a shop that sells Bugera, and he posted the other night that they've returned more amps than they've sold at this point due to failures. I also talk to a dealer on HC where I've bought a couple guitars, who also sells Behringer, and he had the same story. On the flip side, there are guys like Cofflecakes that said they've abused the heck out of them, and have had no problems, so it seems like it's a crapshoot. It's definitely an amp I wouldn't buy used, the warranty becomes very important. No arguing they are a decent sounding amp however, at least IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
Andy(kurdtkobaign) works for a shop that sells Bugera, and he posted the other night that they've returned more amps than they've sold at this point due to failures. I also talk to a dealer on HC where I've bought a couple guitars, who also sells Behringer, and he had the same story. On the flip side, there are guys like Cofflecakes that said they've abused the heck out of them, and have had no problems, so it seems like it's a crapshoot. It's definitely an amp I wouldn't buy used, the warranty becomes very important. No arguing they are a decent sounding amp however, at least IMO.

Thanks for the info!

I have quite a bit of time before I'm even thinking about purchasing a new amp so maybe Bugera will have worked some of the kinks out by then. Here's hoping!

Even if they don't I'll still consider purchasing one of those bad boys. With that price it might be worth the risk.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by Blanco
k im proper into lookin at these amps now but i dont no which one is better to get.
i play sorta hardcore/metal somewhere between blessthefall and drop dead gorgeous. i want to get a proper gd clean sound out of it because i use my metal muff for gain so the gain channel probs wont be used tat much.
what one would be better the 333 or the 6262.
or should i get an ashdown fallen angel???

Are you serious.....
You want to use a distortion pedal on a 120 high gain tube beast ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
yer id use a distorion pedal on it cause no matter what amp u get your always going to need to sculpt it to your shape. just so happens i get the best sound outta that pedal. even wen i use my mates mesa i use the pedal cause u just cant get enough mids outta some amps.
Yeah well in that case you would use a Overdrive pedal to push the amp a little more and increse the mid range. If you added a Distortion pedal the amp would just squeel like a bitch and sound like ****.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Anyone know how much these amps weigh?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab