Do i tighten the Low E String to an A# or loosen it? im asking because it seems awfully tight when in A# tightened, and loose as hell when i losen it to the tune...

in general how the hell do i tune for this band?! i would like to learn Crawl Through The Knives so damn bad, but i tcant tune it!

please help.

Greasysnowball
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Youre' going to drop the low to A#. Thats how they tune it, and if its too loose, then get a thicker guage of strings. Hope this helped.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

agree with the above loosen and and use a thicker string guage what i did and worked wonders for the drop tuned sound
Quote by DarkValo666
Isn't In Flames in standart C?

It used to be.. but they have used this tuning since Colony.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
you should invest in a chromatic tuner if you don't have one.

Enjoy my tab (as theyre the only ones on the site), and good luck.
Also try my Vanishing Light tab.

Also, A Bit of advice, Don't bother tuning back up, it'll only break your strings regardless.

EDIT: ^I think its pretty much figured out buddy. You're a bit too late.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
alright thanks alot guys. i was just super confused about the A#, it just felt like i was going too low ya know.... lol well thanks a whole bunch!

im gonna start playing some tunes from them tonight i hope!
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by Seth Shadows

Yeah but considering the TS, tuned UP to A# in the first place i thought i may enlist in the actual notes that were the tuning
Quote by Seth Shadows
you should invest in a chromatic tuner if you don't have one.

Enjoy my tab (as theyre the only ones on the site), and good luck.
Also try my Vanishing Light tab.

Also, A Bit of advice, Don't bother tuning back up, it'll only break your strings regardless.

So if i want to go back to playing in E i need to get new strings then?
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
not really, but if u tune quite a few times the likely hood of string brackage increases dramatically,

i can down tune and retune probably on average 4-5 times before one lil soldier would cark it
well thats terribly inconvinient (sp?)! god im so eager to try and play this song! i get goosebumps like no other when he screams the word "Tonight" for a little while in the second chorus. zomg its too sick!
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
its gonna be weird as hell playing a song in such a low tune lol. Thanks alot guys i really appreciate the help
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
thanks for the link,
I just checked the real thing on youtube
i love the melodic choruses, they always have a tendacy to get me, but still not my type of music but its a good song

thanks again and have fun
no no sir, thankyou. thankyou everyone for the help. keep it real guys
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
wait, In Flames is a heavy band with a really low sound, how could this even be a question?