I'm planning on getting either a big muff pi or a little big muff and i've just got a couple of questions.

1. Do they both sound the same (if not what are the differences)

2. which one would be better for a coheed and cambria distorted tone?

any advice would be much appreciated.

BTW THE COHEED QUESTION ISN'T AS IMPORTANT AS THE FIRST
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Last edited by Burning Star 4 at Apr 24, 2008,
Not really sure either would be suited to a coheed tone.
...Bleep Bloop...
the big muff is wayyy too much distortion for coheed. although the one i use is a russian big muff, so not either of the models you're referencing. i would recommend getting something a little more overdrive oriented and a little less ... you know, massively fuzzy XD
Quote by blakwyte
the big muff is wayyy too much distortion for coheed. although the one i use is a russian big muff, so not either of the models you're referencing. i would recommend getting something a little more overdrive oriented and a little less ... you know, massively fuzzy XD

thanks dude does anyone recomend something more coheed like?
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
i THINK the little big muff is just the pi circuit in a pedalboard friendly box

EDIT: ^ metal muff?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
^ The Big Muff has true bypass and the little big muff doesn't