Hey, I've been playing for about two years, and I've been playing out of a crappy first act small amp for a while. Me and some people in my area are putting together a band. I listen to things like All Shall Perish, Black Dahlia Murder, Lamb of God, Poison the Well, ECT. (Insert your music sucks rant here). But I was wondering if anyone could help me on my decision on a decently priced (500-1K$), metal amp. Or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
line 6 spider III or if u have the money line 6 spider valve
or
get an orange thunderverb 50!!!
or a randall or peavey half stack or combo
Quote by CFHguitar
line 6 spider III or if u have the money line 6 spider valve
or
get an orange thunderverb 50!!!
or a randall or peavey half stack or combo

We will ignore every part of your post except the bold print.

Are you going to be gigging and are you looking for a half stack?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
i dont know too much about amps but i do know the line 6 spider series is pretty much junk,
dont get a spider series amp,
Quote by thenewguy729
Hey, I've been playing for about two years, and I've been playing out of a crappy first act small amp for a while. Me and some people in my area are putting together a band. I listen to things like All Shall Perish, Black Dahlia Murder, Lamb of God, Poison the Well, ECT. (Insert your music sucks rant here). But I was wondering if anyone could help me on my decision on a decently priced (500-1K$), metal amp. Or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

what guitar do you have?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I 've had a B-52 AT100 for a few months now and i love it more every time I play it. You can get a killer metal tone, lots of chunky palm mute while still getting clear definition on your notes. You can find the head new for $510.00 with some smooth talking. It is definitely up there with the marshalls and Mesas but perhaps tailored a bit more towards the metal crowd. From what I understand the low price has to do with overseas construction. Oh yeah and the clean channel has a ton of head room.

FYI - I bought the Line 6 spider III before this and it crapped out the first time I opened it up at loud volume - took it back and got the B-52, thank god the Line 6 crapped out else I would still be playing solid state garbage and would'nt know any better...
Last edited by vbshredder at Apr 24, 2008,
Yeah, we're planning to be gigging pretty soon, start up in the local scene. So I'm looking pretty much for a cabnet, or a halfstack combo
-And I'm blessed by the god above me for a Gibson les paul coustum black beauty. (My dad played when he was a kid and never sold it)
--I'm thinking about saving up for an Ibanez pretty soon though, summer job here I come.
Quote by thenewguy729
Yeah, we're planning to be gigging pretty soon, start up in the local scene. So I'm looking pretty much for a cabnet, or a halfstack combo
-And I'm blessed by the god above me for a Gibson les paul coustum black beauty. (My dad played when he was a kid and never sold it)
--I'm thinking about saving up for an Ibanez pretty soon though, summer job here I come.

you dont need a half-stack to gig...
ESPECIALLY since you dont even have a band already, and for a metal band you're not going to get any big shows for a while.
i would recommend a B-52 AT-100 112 combo, thats plenty metal and loud for you.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
you dont need a half-stack to gig...
QUOTE]

very true, and depending on your level of laziness/in-shapeness, you might not want one either...
Quote by thenewguy729

Yeah, I pretty much thank my dad daily. The only thing is that we have that crappy first act amp because he sold his gig amp a while back. Also the thing ways about 50 Lbs. so sometimes it gets really annoying to get a neck ake from playing for 30 min.
-Thanks a bunch, I'll look into all of this guys, keep the suggestions coming.